Visit the family home of Lord Montagu
There is plenty to see at Beaulieu.
If you are a 'petrol-head', then there are over 250 vehicles including cars, racing cars and motorbikes.
You will get to see very famous cars like 'Bluebird', which Donald Campbell used to break the land speed record in 1964.
Palace House is the ancestral home of the Montagu family. It was originally built as the Great Gatehouse to the Abbey.
The Abbey ruins date from c. 13 and was home to the Cistercian Monks. The Abbey was destroyed with the dissolution of the monasteries during the reign of Henry VIII.
For the fans of the original 'Top Gear' TV show series, there is a display of all the cars that Jezza, Captain Slow and the Hamster built in their challenges. . .
* Meet at your cruise ship terminal or central Southampton hotel
* Drive to Beaulieu Motor Museum
* Tour of the museum, Abbey ruins and Palace House
* Ride on the monorail
* Time for lunch/refreshments and to visit the gift shop
* Return to your cruise ship terminal or central Southampton hotel.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your cruise ship terminal or central hotel in Southampton.
End location: Back to your hotel or cruise ship terminal in Southampton.
Duration: 5 hours
You can visit Beaulieu Motor Museum and Palace House any time of the year.
A modern car or minibus with air conditioning.
* An interesting and entertaining Tourist Guide :-)
* Transport to the venue and back to your hotel or cruise ship berth in Southampton.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 British Pound Sterling - * Entrance to the Beaulieu Motor Museum and Palace House
* Guide book
* Lunch and / or refreshments
This above quoted figure is per person and only a guideline.
* Entrance fee to Beaulieu Motor Museum and Palace House
* Food and drinks
* Gift shop purchases
I am not a driver guide.