colours and flavors of Puglia
As if we were painters, we expertly mix the different colors that characterize the Puglia to create an overall picture of this wonderful region: the blue of the sky and the seaside, the green of the countryside, the grey of the stones, the white of the houses, the rubin red of the wines.
We will start with Polignano a Mare (the birthplace of the world famous singer Domenico Modugno) with its lively and pictoresque city center, the terraces overlooking the Adriatic Sea with breathtaking views of the cliffs and the marine caves, the bridge on the beach of Lama Monachile.
Alberobello (Unesco World Heritage site) with its trulli (there are more than 1. 500): a unique kind of dry stone (without any mortar) conical roof buildings.
Bari with the picturesque old town and the French district with its liberty architecture.
It's also possibile a stroll in Noci (for a tasty informal sandwich) or in Locorotondo (the round town listed as one of the most beautiful hamlet in Italy).
A walk to enjoy the city center of Polignano a Mare with its terraces overlooking the seaside.
In Alberobello we will visit the two Unesco districts of Trulli (Aia Piccola and Monti) to discover their history, architecture, the mystery and symbolism of their finials.
Depending on the availlable time and your interests, in Bari we can enjoy the experience of the ladies making orecchiette (home made typical pasta) at the entrance of their homes, a visit to the Basilica of S. Nicholas, the cathedral of S. Sabino, the Swabian castle, the Murat district with the shopping area and the liberty style architecture.
We can also visit Locorotondo (to admire the terrific skyline and the landscape of the countryside of Itria Valley) or Noci to taste, in an informal way at a grocery or a small osteria, one of the best panino (sandwich) in Italy made with typical products, lots of creativity and passion. Another chance is a wine/extra virgin olive oil tasting with (or without) a winery/olive oil mill visit.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: at the cruise terminal of Bari or wherever you like in Bari
End location: at the cruise terminal of Bari or wherever you like in Bari
Duration: 8 hours
this full day tour is designed for a shore excursion with the cruise ship docked at the port of Bari at least 6 hours.
I can change the program according to your availlable time: please contact me for alternative programs and costs.
a comfortable car (5 seats: driver plus 4 passengers) equipped with all conforts (air conditioning, etc.)
- full day (up to 8 hours) private (I'll be entirely dedicated to you thus you won't share the tour with other travellers) guided visit in English language. I'm a licensed tour guide, wine and olive oil sommelier.
- transportation (by car) for one of the following itineraries included:
a) Bari cruise terminal-Polignano a Mare-Noci-Alberobello-Bari cruise terminal;
b) Bari cruise terminal-Polignano a Mare-Alberobello-Locorotondo-Bari cruise terminal.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Eur - it depends if you like to stop for a meal, a snack, a wine tasting, etc.
- meals and personal extras
- extra hour: 25 eur (per group, not per person) for each extra hour (if any) exceding 8 hours;
- cheese tasting (mozzarella, caciocavallo, etc.): from 3 to 10 Eur per person;
- Biscotto di Ceglie tasting: free of charge but it's appreciated if you buy something;
- Capocollo di Martina (anc other typical cold cuts) tasting: 8 Eur per person;
- wine tasting (about 3 or 4 wines with taralli breadsticks): from 6 to 15 Eur per person (it depends on the wines and wineries);
- extra-virgin olive oil tasting: free of charge but it's appreciated if you buy something;
- for a different itinerary or if your group is 5 or larger, I can arrange for you the appropriate transportation (with van, minibus, bus, wheelchair accessible vehicle), please contact me for a customized tour that is appropriately priced for your group.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We were a group of 4 people. 2 adult couples. Alessandro was a wonderful guide, and was able to give us all the history and information of the area. It was so great to have a private car and guide. We saw all the places we wanted to and more. If we saw something of interest he would stop for us. He took us to a place for lunch that we really enjoyed. We were picked up and dropped off at our AirBnB. Worked out perfectly.