Private Tour in Athens and Sounio
Our private tour will start with the Acropolis site, a complex of buildings that includes the Parthenon . Our next stop will be the Temple Of the Olympian Zeus , the Panathenian Stadium , the memorial of the Unknown soldier and the changing of the Guards in front of the Greek Parliament. After that let's see the Trilogy of Athens (the Academy, the First University of Athens and the National Greek Library) and finally the Lycabettus Hill. Now is the time to drive along the coastal line of Athens and after 1. 10 hours, we arrive at our destination, the famous Temple of Poseidon, Sounion from where you can see the fantastic panoramic view not only to the Aegean . We can have a short stop at the Lake of Vouliagmeni on the way back.
Our tour will start from your accommodation or the cruise ship port in Athens and we will drive to the various locations:
- Acropolis, with Parthenon the Temple of Athena Goddess
- Temple of the Olympian Zeus and the Arch of Hadrian next to it
- Syntagma Square to see the Changing of the Guards in front of the Greek Parliament where the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier stands
- Athens Trilogy: Academy of Athens, University of Athens, National Library
We will also stop to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympics happened and Lycabettus Hill the highest place to see the city
Then we drive coastally to:
- Glyfada, a famous southern suburb
- Voula, a high society suburb
- Lake of Vouliagmeni, the famous lake hidden in the hill
- Temple of Poseidon, standing at the end of land facing the Aegean sea
- Sounio, the most visited area known about the temple of the God of Sea.
At lunchtime, you can taste the famous Greek cuisine with seafood or meat choices
We are not in a hurry and itinerary can change.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: your point of staying in Athens
End location: your point of staying in Athens
Duration: 8 hours
9-seat luxurus Mercedes minivan with panoramic view 2015 model,a/c and non smoking policy,historical videos available,1 free botlle of water pp
- My service as a driver/guide
- Car expenses
- Driver expenses
- Tolls and fees
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 euro - per person for lunch and ticket for the sightseeings
Tickets for sightseeing
I am a guider-driver ,not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of the historical monuments.
Although for every single tour historical videos are available through a monitor in my mercedes minivan.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Dimitris was great and gave great insight into the Athenian landmarks. We saw all the highlights we wanted to see in Athens and more. The local tavern he took us to for lunch was fantastic. Everyone enjoyed the tour! We highly recommend Dimitris.