Immerse yourself in local art and food
Drive into the countryside behind Cannes to discover the hilltop villages whose medieval charm and unique light attracted artists such as Picasso, Chagall and Leger.
These artists left their mark on the region by sharing its beauty with the world. Today you will find their work in museums, foundations, art galleries and chapels that they created, designed and decorated. You will also have a chance to discover the region's thriving contemporary art scene in local galleries.
Food and art have always been intertwined in this region, and one restaurant even has a collection of original artwork by artists who, before becoming world-renowned, exchanged their sketches and paintings for meals.
The area's exceptional beauty and climate have attracted some of the best chefs in France, who create their own artworks on the plate using the finest seasonal produce.
This off beaten tour will take you to villages are between 30 minutes and 1h from Cannes Nice. It is fully customizable depending on your interests and may include the following stops:
- Mougins: a beautiful perched village where you will see works by Picasso, Duffy, Galder, Chagall at a local museum; now known as a hotbed of gastronomy.
- Saint Paul de Vence: visit the village and the "White penitents" chapel decorated by the Belgian artist Folon. The artist Marc Chagall lived here and was buried in the cemetery.
- Vence: Visit chapels decorated by Chagall and Matisse, and stroll through the charming old town streets. Optional: the Fondation Maeght modern art museum, one of the most famous private foundations in the Europe.
- Depending on the time, you might finish this tour with a wine tasting at an incredible local winery.
- Lunch could be in Saint Paul de Vence or Vence: choose between a gastronomic restaurant, a bistro or a cheese picnic. You can have also some olive oil tasting, tapenade. . .
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 8 hours
I m flexible, we can extend the duration if you wish.
Mini van 7 seats, Mercedes Viano with air conditioning.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
70 Euro - For your meal
Could need more or less of cash it depends the restaurant choices and museums entrances.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not be able to guide you inside of the museums.