A visit to the former capital of the country.
This tour is for people staying in Guatemala city, willing to do a day tour of Antigua and then returning back to Guatemala city.
Antigua Guatemala is one of the three UNESCO World Heritage Sites recognized in the country. This town has preserved colonial architectural traits and many interesting ruins of buildings that served different purposes between the 16th and 18th centuries.
The city was the Capital of the General Captaincy of Guatemala during 234 years. Nowadays is one of the most developed tourism destinations in the country. Discover it!
I'll meet you at your location in Guatemala city.
From there it takes 1 hour to drive to Antigua.
On arrival we start the tour around the historical center of the town, and visit interesting landmarks that include:
- Central Park and surrounding buildings.
- Cerro de la Cruz (a panoramic view of the town from a hill).
- Church temples and ruins of iconic cloisters and monasteries in the town.
- We eat lunch at a local restaurant with specialties on Guatemalan cuisine.
- Visit to the colorful market in the town.
- Any optional additional activities you can request (zip lining, chocolate tour, pub crawls, foodie experience).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 7 hours
Traffic, weather, traveling seasons and festivities (Easter).
Comfortable late model vehicle with A/C, sedan with capacity for 3 passengers + luggage.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
250 Quetzales - per person. To cover food, admission tickets, etc.
$.1 USD = 7.3 Quetzales
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Nestor is what everyone hopes a guide will be. His English is flawless. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of sites in Guatemala. He is prompt, courteous, attentive, and helpful. My daughter and I had two tours with Nestor -- Antigua and Chichicastenango -- and we could not have been more pleased with his service.