My main interest is to give you a wider view of Holland than that of only tulips, clogs and cheese.
As an independent guide, I do not come with any kind of 'must-see' plan.
Of course, it is important to have knowledge about the culture, the museums and history, but I prefer to show my visitors how the Dutch live.
The nicest comment I ever had about my tours was that it felt like having a friend taking you sightseeing.
My tours have been awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Academy of visual arts, St Joost, Breda, Netherlands
Master's Degree, Visual and Performing Arts
- Hochschule der Künste HdK Berlin
Fachbereich 4 Visuelle Kommunikation
- Photographer at Shell Research Amsterdam.
- DTP for advertising agencies and Reed Elsevier.
- Tourist Guide Lovers Canal Cruise Company
- Tour Guide Driver Great Amsterdam Excursions Company
- Tour Guide Driver Holland Private Tours
Languages: English, German, Spanish
Special interest: Poetry and flowers. Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Efsix sailing. Life in the golden age of Holland. Volunteering as sailing instructor for people with disabilities.
(resume from LinkedIn profile)
Social distancing is easiest during a private tour and in a spacious vehicle (see pics for my measures to keep a six feet distance). Best to take a small group tour. The new normal will be different but we are waiting out the storm.
A Recent Review of this guide
We really enjoyed our day with Hans. He was very knowledgeable and provide great insights into the area. It was an extremely long day of travelling and he made every moment enjoyable. Highly recommended.
- Guide and driver since 2002.
- Master's Degree, Academy of visual arts, St Joost, Breda, NL
- Masterclasses at Hochschule der Künste HdK Berlin, Visuelle Kommunikation.