Born in the south of the Netherlands, I moved to Amsterdam 5 years ago because of the cultural and artistic life. I consider myself a passionate, creative and communicative person. I have been working as an artist for some years now. Beside that I have been working for 5 years as a tourleader in Asia for a Dutch tour company. This is where I got my experience from as a guide. Providing you with high standard service my goal is to make sure you enjoy the city at the most.
With a degree in art and a big interest in history I have been thoroughly studying the history of Amsterdam for years. The city with his beautiful canals, it's rich history and it's attractive shopping and dining locations still surprises me every day. Next to art, guiding people through the city makes me really happy. Being a guide makes it possible for me to share my knowledge and enthousiasm with you as a traveller.
By choosing "ToursByLocals" you choose for "local". That means, although you might be interested in the highlights of the city as well, I will offer you suggestions to go of the beaten track to show you the nice hidden gems, exquisite restaurants and special shops. In this way my tour is always customized to your wishes and interests.
My service does not finish at the end of the tour. I am more then happy to provide you with information about places worth visiting, so the tour will extend beyond our time together. Also I will make bookings and reservations on request.
During my tours we only go to local establishments. I have no affiliation with any of the places we visit!
I'm looking forward welcoming you on my local tour in beautiful Amsterdam!
A Recent Review of this guide
Patrick gave us a wonderful tour. We loved every minute with him because he was so professional, knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and just so easy to be with. Saw much of the city, walked a lot in the rain and learned a lot about beautiful Amsterdam. I would definitely take another tour with Patrick and highly recommend him, you won't regret it..
- Successful tour leader in Asia for 5 years for a renowned tour operator
- Private local guide in Amsterdam since 2016.
- Municipality license for guiding in Amsterdam.
- I have a degree in art; graduated with honors from the university of the arts, Utrecht.
- I have a drivers license since 1996.
- I studied medicine school for two years.
- I have a car (Nissan Almera Tino), but I can also accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a car and/or driver.
- I am an official guide in the city of Amsterdam. I can accompany you outside the city if you like as a tourleader, not as a guide.