Make the most out of your Amsterdam visit!
Discover wonderful Amsterdam and historical highlights from Golden Age times to contemporary lifestyle!
On this private walking tour we will explore the Dutch cultural heritage of the city centre, unique for its large and untouched history; social background, Golden Age history, stunning architecture, picturesque canal views and famous city landmarks!
On our tour we will pass the Royal Palace, National Monument, the Canal District - an Unesco Heritage Site, the quite Begijnhof midst the buzzy centre, the floating Flower Market and of course the Red Light District, along with legendary cityscapes. And of course we will taste some Dutch cheese!
Optional but a must - round up your tour with a canal boat ride - for an hour, with a wonderful wooden boat and an exceptional local skipper!
Experience Amsterdam like a local away from crowds, either as private boat ride or as a shared one but only max 14 people on board; learn all about houseboats, maritime and the city's domination by water.
- Walk at Dam Square and Royal Palace, a Historical cityscape
- WW II iconic Monument
- Pass through Flowers Floating Market
- Unesco Heritage Canal Belt Ring
- 9 Streets District
- Walk hidden gem centre & historical landmark of Begijnhof
- Walk past cozy hidden streets & visit the lively Nieuwmarkt centre
- Stroll around the most notorious - yet safe - Red Light District
- Visit the old church - Oudekerk
- Finish your tour with an 1-hour canal boat cruise (optional)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Central Station or preferred location within the historical centre
* Airport pick up on additional cost
End location: Centre Location at Prinsengracht 580
or preferred location within historical centre
Duration: 3 hours
4- hours with canal boat tour (optional)
- pick-up/return with private taxi (on additional cost)
- walking tour
- private local tour guide
- 100% personalised tour
- Cheese tasting
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euros - for food & drinks
- pick up / drop off. Possible on additional cost
- tickets for the canal boat ride/ also possible to be a private ride;
else is a shared one but not more than 12ppl on board!
- personal expenses
- Museums: I don't guide inside. There is audio guides & tour guides for you.
- Keukenhof: I'll explain the gardens map and all around growing tulips. Enjoy the gardens at your own pace, without me (garden guides available).
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our tour of Amsterdam with Konstantina (Dina) yesterday was great! Dina has an extensive knowledge of the city, it's culture and it's people and is a very engaging, enthusiastic guide. We had a great day, thanks Dina, Jan and Joan