Make the most out of your Amsterdam visit!
Discover wonderful Amsterdam and historical highlights from Golden Age times to contemporary lifestyle!
On this private walking tour we will explore the Dutch cultural heritage of the city centre, unique for its large and untouched history; social background, Golden Age history, stunning architecture, picturesque canal views and famous city landmarks!
On our tour we will pass the Royal Palace, National Monument, the Canal District - an Unesco Heritage Site, the quite Begijnhof midst the buzzy centre, the floating Flower Market and of course the Red Light District, along with legendary cityscapes. And of course we will taste some Dutch cheese!
Optional but a must - round up your tour with a canal boat ride - for an hour, with a wonderful wooden boat and an exceptional local skipper!
Experience Amsterdam like a local away from crowds, either as private boat ride or as a shared one but only max 12 people on board; learn all about houseboats, maritime and the city's domination by water
- Walk at Dam Square and Royal Palace, a Historical cityscape
- WW II iconic Monument
- Pass through Flowers Floating Market
- Unesco Heritage Canal Belt Ring
- 9 Streets District
- Walk hidden gem centre & historical landmark of Begijnhof
- Walk past cozy hidden streets & visit the lively Nieuwmarkt centre
- Stroll around the most notorious - yet safe - Red Light District
- Admire the old church - Oudekerk
- Finish your tour with an 1-hour canal boat cruise (optional)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Central Station or preferred location within the historical centre
* Airport pick up on additional cost
End location: Centre Location at Prinsengracht 580
or preferred location within historical centre
Duration: 3 hours
4- hours with canal boat tour (optional)
- pick-up/return with private taxi (on additional cost)
- walking tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euros - for food & drinks
- I'm only licensed to guide you inside the Van Gogh museum; Other museums have their own guides & audio tours.
- Keukenhof Flower Gardens: I'm not allowed to guide you inside; Garden Guides available
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Dina met us at the cruise ship pier and got to know about us as we walked into the city. She has a BFA and a Greek with a love of this city and its culture. We learned about different aspects of the city structure and architecture. She was open to all our questions, matter-of-fact, and yet humorous and passionate when sharing on certain topics, like food! She was very liberal and respectful of the women in the red light district, and generous with her time which was also very professional. Donna