Discover Amsterdam and the Ten Boom Museum (hiding place) in the city of Haarlem with a private guide
In this 7 hour tour I will show you the old city center of Amsterdam and the city of Haarlem.
In Amsterdam we visit the old city center where I will tell you about the resistance in Amsterdam. And we will visit places where the resistance hid weapons and Jewish people in the second world war.
Besides the stories about the war I'll tell about current changes in the old city center(Red Light District).
Than we take a break for a relaxing 1 hour canal boat ride through the world heritage site.
After this exciting and diverse tour, my wife (soc/cult entr. ) or myself will take you by train to the beautiful city of Haarlem, where you will visit the world famous Ten Boom Museum (Hiding Place).
This is, without a doubt, your best alternative to the heavily overcrowded Anne Frank house. This museum tells the incredible and touching story of a heroic family in WWII who helped hundreds of people.
We'll have a small walk to the main square of Haarlem, where we can visit the Cathedral or do other sightseeing
Pick up at the cruise ship terminal/your hotel (in 1012 area)
Walk in Amsterdams old city center:
- visit China town
- stop at a cafe of resistance heroes
- visit the old harbour/ red light district
- stop at local tasting room
- free dutch design present in a former Amsterdam window brothel
- Take the train
- Walk directly to the Ten Boom Museum for a guided tour in the museum
- Visit the heart of Haarlem: when open visit the Gothic Architecture church, modern Dutch art gallery and/or stop for a cup of coffee
- Take the train back to Amsterdam
I bring you back to your hotel or the cruise ship terminal.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: SHORE EXCURSIONS:
I will stand at the lobby near the exit. I will be wearing a black cap and a tourbylocals ID.
REGULAR MEETING POINT:
I will meet you at the square 'Beursplein', this is between the Central Station and Dam Square, about 5 min. walking. I will stand at the statue of the Wallstreet Bull, wearing a Tours By Locals ID..
HOTEL PICK UP:
I can pick you up in your hotel, IF this is in the city center (1012 area). Contact me to discuss the possibilities.
Only at Amsterdam's Central Train Station
End location: We can end at the meeting location, or perhaps in a nice local bar or restaurant in the old city center.
Duration: 7 hours
We'll take a (short) train ride of 15 min, if there are any problems with the train system, we can take a bus which will take about 30 min. to get to Haarlem
Walking, train, boat.
- private program of 7 hours
- visit resistance cafe in the red light district(when open)
- canal boat ride of 1 hour
- Reservation for a guided tour in the Ten Boom Museum, since the museum is only accessible by booking one of their guided tours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 euro - trainticket (+- 9 pp)
- lunch (when wanted)
- drinks (when wanted)
- Lunch (when wanted)
- Drinks (when wanted)
- The Ten Boom museum asks a donation
- I don't guide in museums
- I don't own a car but if necessary can arrange transfer. Do notice: public transport is pretty good arranged in Holland and usually cheaper.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Ian and Salomé were perfect hosts for a wonderful day in Haarlem and Amsterdam. Salomé met us promptly at our hotel, accompanied us by train to Haarlem for the first half of our tour. She'd reserved tickets at Corrie Ten Boom house in Haarlem, a highlight of our trip. We met up later with Ian for walking tour of old city Amsterdam including red light district. Both provided hugely helpful local and historical perspectives. There were so many unexpected perks along the way in a truly delightful day!