I'm able to accommodate customized tours as well as long as there's an emphasis on street art, please send me a message with your inquiry and I'll be happy to provide you with more details. I look forward to meeting you and yours in Hong Kong, Asia's World City!
Hi there, my name is Alex and I am a quirky, enthusiastic and curious expat transplanted from Berlin, Germany. I first came to Hong Kong as a flight attendant in 2009 on a job assignment and I still vividly remember my first time in Hong Kong: A ride on the famous star ferry across the harbor at sunset, the colorful neon lights along Nathan Road, a tasty dish of Chinese noodles at a street food stall along Temple Street Night Market and a delicious cocktail on a rooftop bar. It only took this one night and Hong Kong had captured my heart.
Now, I have seen the good and the bad sides of Hong Kong but one thing remains unchanged, this city has kept me fascinated. I have spent the last 5 years running private tours for my flight attendant colleagues, everyone always had a wonderful time, and I thought why not become the perfect storyteller to everyone who visits Hong Kong? Allow me to share with you my insights, knowledge and most importantly my fascination for this city during one of my walking tours. Be my guest and allow me to fill you with great sense of wonder and amazement for this city.
If you have have looked through the tours I provide and my credentials, you will notice I specialize in Street Art Tours, I would like to consider myself as HK's street art hunter extraordinaire. :)
I was transplanted from street art heavy Berlin to buzzing Hong Kong in the name of love about 10 years ago. Ever since, I have been following and snapping pictures of the HK street art scene. I have attended all the HKWalls festivals since the festival's inception in 2014, visited most of HK's street art exhibitions and gone out street art hunting in most of my free time (by myself as well as other street art enthusiasts). You'll be in capable hands when you'll come and join me for a street art tour.
A Recent Review of this guide
This was a very good tour. Not only did Alex give us good info on the street art scene, but she also provided great info on neighborhoods, restaurants, bars...etc. Alex has done her homework on the street art scene & gave us a good overview on its history. She had very good knowledge of the artists that have worked in Hong Kong, & the other places where they have worked. It was really fun trucking through the Hong Kong neighborhoods in search of the sites. A great way 2 see city sites u might have missed.
Collaborated with Hong Kong Tourism Board and provided a Culture and Street Art tour to multiple media outlets from Europe, North America and Asia.
- The Sunday Times Travel Magazine (UK) - Mentioned me as "what she didn't know about the city's emerging talent (street artists) you could daub on a dumpling".
- Dagens Industri (Sweden) - Featured in article on street art in Hong Kong.
- The Toronto Star (Canada) - Featured in article titled "My search for urban art in the streets of Hong Kong".
- The Scotsman - Mentioned in article titled "Let your heart rule your head in this city of contrasts".
- On video through Central and Sheung Wan in 愛玩客 (Taiwanese Travel Show).
- abenteuer und reisen - Street Art feature in 2018-Dec issue.
- Licensed Tourist Guide - issued by the Travel Industry Council (TIC) of Hong Kong.
- The one and only recommended tour guide for HKWalls, HK's annual street art festival.
- Certificate for teaching German as a foreign language issued by Goethe Institut.
I am only able to provide the tours in my profile, I am not able to accommodate customized tour requests at this time.
I am not a driver guide, my tours are highly concentrated on walking, travel utilizing public transportation, and use Taxi when needed.