Itria Valley and its "jewels" and delicacies
A cultural and tasty tour immersed in the stunning beauty of Valle d'Itria.
Martina Franca, the city of the opera festival of Valle d'Itria with the baroque architecture of the sumptuous Ducal Palace, the Unesco basilica, some elegant noble palaces, etc.
Noci is an offbeat hamlet where it's still possible to find the authentic Italy with a shoemaker working on made to measure pair of shoes.
The historic city center of Alberobello is an Unesco World Heritage site because of its trulli (there are about 1. 500): a unique kind of dry stone (without any mortar) conical roof buildings that have survived quite intact and functioning into the modern world.
A tour to discover the trulli (their history, architecture, the mystery and symbolism of their finials) and to enjoy the fairy tale atmosphere of this amazing hamlet.
Locorotondo (its name comes from the circular lay out of its city center) has been listed as one of the most beautiful hamlet in Italy and awarded with the Orange Flag by hte Italian Touring Club.
In Martina Franca you will enjoy a walking in the city center with its baroque style palaces and churches, the ducal palace with its rooms adorned with frescoes and its folks traditions museum. We will discover also the legend of St. Martin's cloak and the beggar and some funny anecdotes.
After we will visit a dairy to see the cheese (mozzarella, etc. ) making process and to taste some cheese and capocollo.
An extra virgin olive oil tasting to learn how to recognize an excellent evo and how to pair with food.
A stroll in Noci where you'll taste, in an informal way at a small osteria, one of the best panino (sandwich) in Italy made with typical products, lots of creativity and passion.
In Alberobello we will visit the two old districts of Trulli: Aia Piccola and Monti.
In Locorotondo we will admire its terrific skyline and its winding streets with withewashed houses with triangular dry stone roofs.
An alternative is a winery visit with wine tasting.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: at your hotel in Martina Franca or in Valle d'Itria as well as in Bari (hotel or cruise terminal)
End location: at your hotel in Martina Franca or in Valle d'Itria as well as in Bari (hotel or cruise terminal)
Duration: 8 hours
a comfortable car (5 seats: driver plus 4 passengers) equipped with all conforts (air conditioning, etc.)
- full day (up to 8 hours) private (I'll be entirely dedicated to you thus you won't share the tour with other travellers) guided visit in English language. I'm a licensed tour guide, wine and olive oil sommelier.
- transportation (by car) for the following itinerary included: Martina Franca, Noci, Alberobello, Locorotondo, Martina Franca.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 eur - it depends if you like to stop for a meal, a snack, a wine tasting, etc.
- meals and personal extras
- extra hour: 25 eur (per group, not per person) for each extra hour (if any) exceding 8 hours;
- cheese (mozzarella, caciocavallo, etc.) and capocollo (typical pork meat cold cut) tasting: 10 Eur per person;
- wine tasting (about 3 or 4 wines with taralli breadsticks): from 6 to 15 Eur per person;
- extra-virgin olive oil tasting: free of charge but it's appreciated if you buy something;
- for a different itinerary or if you have already a vehicle or if your group is 5 or larger, I can arrange for you the appropriate transportation (with van, minibus, bus, wheelchair accessible vehicle), please contact me for a customized tour that is appropriately priced for your group.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Alessandro is very knowledgeable and passionate about Puglia. The full day tour was a fantastic way to gain an introduction to this wonderful area of Italy. Highly recommended!!