The fairy tale and the white city
A tour to discover Alberobello, Locorotondo, Cisternino and Ostuni: some "jewels" of Itria Valley.
The historic city center of Alberobello is an Unesco World Heritage site because of its trulli (there are about 1. 500): a unique kind of dry stone (without any mortar) conical roof buildings that have survived quite intact and functioning into the modern world.
A walking to discover the trulli (their history, architecture, the mystery and symbolism of their finials) and to enjoy the fairy tale atmosphere of this amazing hamlet.
A stroll in Locorotondo (its name comes from the circular lay out of its city center) and/or Cisternino: two quaint hamlets listed among the most beautiful hamlets in Italy and awarded with the Orange Flag by the Italian Touring Club.
Ostuni, the "white city" with whitewashed houses up on the hill overlooking a terrific panorama of the countryside with millennium old olive groves (where we can stop to stop some photos) sloping down to the seaside.
In Alberobello we will visit the two old districts of Trulli: Aia Piccola and Monti.
On the way to Ostuni we can stop in Locorotondo (with its unique round skyline) and/or in Cistenino (called the "casbah of Itria Valley" for its narrow streets and its magic atmosphere). In Ostuni, from Piazza della Libertà we will climb up to the hill to enjoy the amazing facade of the Cathedral and to admire the breathtaking panorama overlooking the countryside and the seaside.
On the way back to Brindisi we can stop and shot some photos to some millennium olive threes.
It's also possible to add a culinary experience such as a visit to a workshop (winery, olive oil mill, bakery, etc. ) with tasting (wine, extra virgin olive oil, cheese, some Slow Food Presidia such as Biscotto di Ceglie almond biscuit, Capocollo di Martina pork cured meat).
If there is enough time we can enjoy a quick visit to the city center of Brindisi (the gate to the Orient) with the heritage of the Roman domitation and of the Kights Templars.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: at the port of Brindisi or wherever you like in Brindisi
End location: at the port of Brindisi or wherever you like in Brindisi
Duration: 8 hours
this full day tour is designed for a shore excursion with the cruise ship docked at the port of Brindisi at least 6 hours.
I can change the program according to your availlable time: please contact me for alternative programs and costs.
a comfortable car (5 seats: driver plus 4 passengers) equipped with all conforts (air conditioning, etc.)
- full day (up to 8 hours) private (I'll be entirely dedicated to you thus you won't share the tour with other travellers) guided visit in English language. I'm a licensed tour guide, wine and olive oil sommelier.
- transportation (by car) for the following itinerary included: Brindisi port-Alberobello-Locorotondo-Cisternino-Ostuni-Brindisi port
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 eur - it depends if you like to stop for a meal, a snack, a wine tasting, etc.
- meals and personal extras;
- extra hour: 25 eur (per group, not per person) for each extra hour (if any) exceding 8 hours;
- cheese tasting (mozzarella, caciocavallo, etc.): from 3 to 10 Eur per person;
- Biscotto di Ceglie tasting: free of charge but it's appreciated if you buy something;
- Capocollo di Martina (anc other typical cold cuts) tasting: 8 Eur per person;
- wine tasting (about 3 or 4 wines with taralli breadsticks): from 6 to 15 Eur per person;
- extra-virgin olive oil tasting: free of charge but it's appreciated if you buy something;
- for a different itinerary or if your group is 5 or larger, I can arrange for you the appropriate transportation (with van, minibus, bus, wheelchair accessible vehicle), please contact me for a customized tour that is appropriately priced for your group.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our tour and guide were FABULOUS. Alberobello, Locorotondo and Ostuni are great places to visit from the cruise port if Brindisi. We really enjoyed a wine tasting and lunch at Sirose winery in Locorotondo. Our guide/driver for the day was wonderful and very knowledgeable about all three cities.