Abbreviated (2) Hour Tour
On this two hour abbreviated driving tour we will talk about Atlanta's history, Georgia's history, Atlanta's history in the Civil War, the 1996 Olympics and the Modern Civil Rights Movement and stop at the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site.
Drive by the following sites:
* State Capitol Building
* Downtown Historic Sites
* 1996 Olympic Venues / Centennial Park
* Historic Inman Park and Midtown Atlanta
* Carter Presidential Library and Museum
* The Fox Theater
* Margaret Mitchell's Home ("Gone With The Wind" writer)
* Theatre District & Atlantic Station
* High Museum of Art and the Robert Woodruff Arts Center
* CNN Center, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca Cola
* The Mercedes Benz Dome, The National Center for Civil and Human Rights
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The CNN Center on Centennial Olympic Park Drive near Marietta Street in Downtown Atlanta.
Also pickup can be arranged from Atlanta Area Hotels.
End location: The CNN Center on Centennial Olympic Park Drive near Marietta Street in Downtown Atlanta.
Drop off can be arranged to Atlanta Area Hotels.
Duration: 2 hours
15 passenger van
Itinerary Planning, Transportation and Guide Services.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Best tour ever! Roger is a historian and a story teller. We are amazed at how much understanding of history we learned in two hours. From the Native American civilization before Europeans came, to the civil War, to present day he told us so much in a logical and interesting way. I've read a lot of history and was surprised how much I didn't know. It was exciting to be right where the events happened. Our granddaughter, who lives in Atlanta, plans to take this tour based on our experience.