Žyrovičy - Synkavičy - Slonim
This is a trip to the holiest place of Belarus, the old monastery of Žyrovicy. It was found in XV cent. on the place, where a miraculous icon of Virgin Mary was found by local shepherds. Then it was occupied by the Uniate church and fancy Baroque churches were built here. In a nice hilly landscape, in a small authentic village, you will see the complex of the churches and a spiritual school for priests. You'll have a chance to bow unto the famous icon which was crowned by Pope of Rome and respected by many kings. Also, you'll have a chance to visit a church service; to dip into the holly well with praying; to taste bread and other snacks in the monastery; to buy icons and souvenirs; to visit a small zoo near ruins of an old noble manor house.
After, you'll visit the orthodox church in Synkavičy built in Gothic style in XV cent. , authentic and enigmatic one. At the end of the tour, you'll walk around Slonim, a small and cozy old town, which preserves the spirit of the its Great Past. . .
- pick up in Minsk (free) or the airport (at a cost)
- way to Žyrovičy takes approx. 2, 5 hours. During the way I'll tell you about Belarus and the Belarusians, about our origins and our history. You'll get to know about the modern state, its economy and politics. The way is long, we could stop for coffee breaks. Approaching the monastery, I'll start to tell you about Christianity in Belarus, the main denominations and their status in our country.
- visit of the Žyrovičy monastery and all the environs, approx. 2 hours.
- the way to Synkavičy medieval church takes 30 min.
- visit of the church, 30 min.
- way to Slonim takes 30 min.
- lunch at a local cafe (at option)
- visit of Slonim old town together with its old churches, a synagogue, Lenin's statue. . .
- way back to Minsk, 2, 5 hrs. Certainly, you'll doze after a long intensive day, but suddenly you'll wake up cause of a huge bison staying by the side of the road! Don't worry and go on to sleep, it's just Minsk region's border sign=)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: city center or your hotel lobby (if in Minsk)
End location: city center or your hotel lobby (if in Minsk)
Duration: 12 hours
We will use a regular car. If you need more places for more than 3 tourists, I can create customized tour for your group which would include transportation on a minivan or a microbus (note, the price would be higher)
I'm not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or arrange a car/a driver for you (the prices depend on this). Note! A separate driver is another one local person who can tell you something interesting about the country!