Travel to Learn, a full day's excursion to Zhujiajiao from Shanghai, French Concession discovery
Zhujiajiao is a beautiful water village within 1 hours driving distance from Shanghai, With well preserved garden, old post office , herbal medicine shop and many other sights, this water village offers the best choice to avoid the hustle and bustle in the big city. Take a boat ride in the small canal, have a cup of local tea and enjoy some famous local snacks , people will find out why this village has such a high reputation among the locals.
After lunch, transfer back to the city , and take a French Concession walking tour in the Taikang Road, which is a big community with well preserved typical shanghai houses, now changed into cafes, boutique stores and restaurants. Walking through those narrow lanes, find out the perfect combination with old and new , you can better understand the city and the people's life!
We'll meet in Shanghai at your accommodations or other agreed upon location.
- We'll take a 1-1. 5 hour drive to Zhujiajiao
- We'll explore the village for about 2 hours
-1 hour lunch time ( optional)
- 1 hour drive to Shanghai
- Once back in Shanghai, walk in the Taikang road French Concession, enjoy free sourvenir shopping in that community.
At the end, I'll drop you back at your accommodations, or another agreed upon location.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: pick up from the guest's hotel
End location: transfer back to the guest's hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Air conditioned Buick Van
- English Speaking Tour guide
- Air Conditioned Buick Van
- All the entrance tickets with boat ride
- Cultural experience
- Bottled Water
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 RMB - Lunch
- Any personal purchases or expenses.
- Wearing comfortable shoes is highly recommended. You may also consider bringing sunscreen and an umbrella.
I am not a driver. For my driving tours, I hire a vehicle and professional driver.