Zeus Cave stopping in local villages with outstanding views and traditional windmills.
This is my favorite tour in Crete because you get to see the real Crete, the monasteries, the old villages, Zeus Cave where the king of all the Greek gods was born. His mother gave birth there to hide from his father Kronos. We will see the old traditional windmills and the amazing views from an altitude of around 1000 m above sea level . Then it's off to Lasithi plateau, the biggest one in Crete . Driving through the old villages on the Lasithi plateau you feel that you are traveling back in time, like time stopped long ago.
- Picking you up from your hotel .
- Stop on the way for a coffee.
- Visit the Monastery of Virgin Mary in Kera .
- Visit the picturesque village of Krasi where the oldest Plane tree in Crete is found .
- Visit the Lasithi plateau with the old traditional wind mills .
- Visit the Zeus Cave where Zeus the king of all the Greek gods was born .
- Driving around the plateau through old villages that time seems to have stopped
-Visit the village of Mochos walking around to see the beautiful churches and then enjoying a Cretan traditional lunch .
- Visit the fishing village of Sissi , walking around the Palm Bay .
- It's time to hit the road and get back to the hotel.
- I am going to be with you at the whole time from the moment I will pick you up until the moment I will take you back to your hotel except the time that you are going to explore the Zeus Cave .
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Normally the tour lasts around 8 hours but some times depending on the traffick or weather conditions it might last slightly longer or shorter .
My car is an air conditioned minibus.
Mercedes Vito .
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euro - - Entrance fee to the Zeus Cave 6 euro for adults 3euro for kids older than 8 years old .
- Entrance fee at monastery of Virgin Mary in Kera . 2 Euro
- Personal souvenirs .
- Personal Expenses
I am not a licensed guide and therefore will not be able to guide you inside the historical monuments. However there are highly trained tour guides available at all archeological sites.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
My wife and I had a great day with Eddie. He was on time and the day was well planned with nice options in case his plans did not coincide with our desires. We quickly bonded and were sharing laughs and inside jokes like old friends. The lunch in Mochos was fabulous!!! When Eddie found out that we had been without luggage for 3 days he took us to the airport and helped us look for them. We weren't successful, but his efforts were way above the call of duty for a tour guide. Definitely A+ day!