Enjoy the Culture & Experience Taoism & Cultivate Your Inner Peace.
Kunming is usually regarded as another fast developing metropolis which is only for travelers to lay over but to discover in depth.
Well, the truth is, in this very town that the Chinese central civilization firstly met the ethnic minority culture, in this very town that the Han culture kept mixing with the tribal civilization for the past 1000 years.
There are many historical and cultural treasures hidden here. All you need to do is to use a better perspective, explore and experience them.
In this tour, you will be introduced to a non-touristy Taoist monastery, learn and experience some national or local cultural heritage.
How about a Tai-chi class with the instruction of a local master? How about a meal dinning with local priests and hermits? How about an experience of painting the local opera mask? How about meditating in a neat courtyard and enjoying Chinese Ancient Music?
Join this tour, enjoy the cultural immersion, find your inner peace.
This tour can be customized according to your needs.
1. Meet up your private guide and driver at your hotel lobby or an agreed location.
2. Be transferred to a non-tourist monastery in the downtown of Kunming.
3. Follow the guidance of the Taoist priest and have a round tour in the monastery. Your guide will interpret and help you to learn more details about the Taoism.
4. Have a private Tai-Chi class in the monastery with a local master. Your guide will help you to communicate with the teacher.
5. Have a monastery meal with priests and hermits.
6. Enjoy a "Yunnan Baking Tea" ceremony.
7. Follow the guidance of the priest and experience a meditation class. Enjoy the musician playing Guqing (Chinese Traditional Piano).
8. Watch a Dian Opera (Yunnan local opera), learn how to paint the opera mask.
9. Learn how to make a Xiangbao (Fragrant bag with herbal stuffing). You can keep the Xiangbao as a souvenir for the tour.
10. End of the tour around 18:00 pm. Back to the hotel or agreed location with a private transportation.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: At your hotel lobby or an accurate place upon request
Duration: 10 hours
If it is a rainy day, we will arrange a Calligraphy experiencing class instead of the Tai-chi class.
7 Seats Buick GL8
In case of a larger group, I can arrange a larger vehicle.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 CNY - 50 CNY (approximately 10 USD) will be enough if you want to buy some souvenirs or snacks & drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. If needed, I can arrange you a separate car and experienced driver.