Vineyards and rural traditions just round the corner of Lake Como
Valtellina is a region situated in the Northern part of Lake Como; a little distance separates two different "worlds": the light blue lake gives space to green nature and majestic mountains, where inhabitants has been dedicated to agriculture for centuries. Here the viticulture has always had an important role: vineyards are situated along mountains' slopes, where farmers has built an extraordinary system of terracing.
Valtellina is also famous for its artisan food products and traditional dishes, cooked with local ingredients… have you ever tasted, for example, "pizzoccheri" ? It is considered the symbol of Valtellina gastronomy: buckwheat noodles with cabbage, potatoes and local cheese, simply delicious!
You will start your tour discovering typical dishes: we will have lunch in a local restaurant (called also "trattoria"). After that, you will have the opportunity to visit a small but fabulous winemaker company: the owner himself will show you his vineyards, his cellars end let you taste his wines.
- pick up at your accomodation/our meeting point in the morning at 10 a. m.
- arrival in Valtellina at around 11. 30 a. m. - 12 (it depends from which location we start our tour)
- lunch in a local restaurant ("trattoria")
- visit to a small winemaker company: we will see their vineyards and cellar
- wine tasting in the cellar
- with our private vehicle we will go back to your accomodation/our meeting point. We will be back at around 4. 30/5 p. m.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection
End Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 7 hours
Tranfers are arranged by private vehicle with driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 Euro - - In case you are staying in Bellagio, you will need ferry tickets to get from Bellagio to Menaggio (where the private vehicle with driver will wait for you): 9,20 Euro per person return ticket
- Bottles of wine you may buy (if you like wines during our wine tasting!). A bottle's price can be between 15 Euro and 30 Euro, depending on the vintage, aging and grapes' variety
I am a licensed Tour Leader and not a licensed guide: I do not have a license to give tours inside historical monuments and museums.
I am not a driver. For my tours I arrange transfers with a private vehicle with driver.