A special journey to Windsor Castle via the River Thames
Let's explore one of England's most famous Royal Residence on a fully-escorted Day Excursion from your London hotel or vacation residence as part of a really special itinerary lined up for you!
Visit historic Runnymede, the birthplace of English democracy where the sealing of the Magna Carta took place in the year 1215 and would eventually inspire the US Declaration of Independence of 1776 and the 1948 UN Charter for Human Rights - the Magna Carta Charter is seen as a symbol of freedom and democracy throughout the world.
Enjoy a Thames River Cruise from Runnymede Boathouse to travel in the style of past monarchs up to Windsor-on-Thames on this special journey that floats past the back garden of Windsor Castle enjoying Classic views of this World Heritage Site.
Windsor Castle is the main attraction and home for British Royals for 1, 000 years - and there are some hidden gems on our Windsor walkabout including a stole over to the Classic Eton College in Royal Berkshire.
8. 30am - Meet and Greet at your Central London Hotel for a relaxing drive out of the City;
9. 45am - Arrive at Runnymede to explore the Site of the Magna Carta;
10. 45am - Board our River Thames Cruise to enjoy picturesque scene ray and enjoy a coffee and snacks;
12. 30pm - Disembark at the Promanade at Windsor-on-Thames for walking tour
1pm - Arrive at Windsor Castle for escorted tour of Her Majesty's glittering and sumptuous State Apartments and St. George's Chapel where a host of British kings and queens are buried.
2. 45pm - Windsor-on-Thames walkabout continued and across the River Thames into Eton where Prince William and Harry were educated along with 13 British prime ministers.
3. 45pm - Board the River Cruise for the return journey to enjoy an afternoon cream tea.
5. 30pm - Arrival back at Runnymede where your London Black Cab awaits to glide you back to your hotel while you reflect on a really special day out in the English Countryside.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I shall meet and greet you in the hotel lobby where you are staying - or any preferred pick-up location in Central London.
I shall identify myself by showing you my guiding badges which clearly have my name displayed.
My Transport for London Authority Cab Drivers Licence No 72480 is clearly displayed on the front and rear windscreens of my Licensed London Black Cab.
End location: I shall return you back to your hotel - or any preferred Central London location at the conclusion of your Tour.
Duration: 11 hours
My vehicle is a traditional London Black Cab - the latest highest spec model, a (2015) TX4 Elegance, with a 2.8 litre engine, ideal for any journeys outside of London, and fully air-conditioned.
My Black Cab can comfortably sit up to 5 Passengers (or 6 if there are 2 small children), is fully Wheelchair Accessible, has a good size luggage compartment for suitcases or shopping requirements, and provides central locking for additional security.
Tour Co-ordination including reservation requests pre-visit.
All transportation costs are inclusive within this Tour, as are parking charges and tolls.
Meet and Greet at your Hotel, or preferred Central London location.
Private Tour with a Certified and Experienced Guide.
Public Liability Insurance.
Courtesy on-board refreshments.
Return to your Hotel, or preferred Central London location.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 GBP - Meals and Refreshments
Ticket to Windsor Castle
Tickets to Windsor Castle
I am not a Blue Badge Guide which means that although I can accompany you inside the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey I cannot guide inside these historical monuments.