A peak at the lives and art collections of famous Americans
Washington DC has been the home of many famous, elegant personalities. The different homes demonstrate the life styles of different time periods and the opportunity to see outstanding art collections. There are several possible places we could visit:
• From the Colonial period, Tutor Place, home of Martha Washington's granddaughter,
• From the Gilded Age, The Anderson House, home of Lars Anderson and the Society of the Cincinnati
• From the Gilded Age, the Brewmaster's Castle, the home of Christian Heurich the famous brewer
• From the glamour of the 20th century, Hillwood, the home of Marjory Meriwether Post and her magnificent Tiffany Egg collection
• From the late 20th century, The Kreeger, home of David Lloyd Kreeger, former CEO of GEICO and his magnificent art collection including numerous Monet paintings
Our tour will be tailored to your interests and timing and the availability of each home. In many of the homes, a docent will provide the tour.
The itinerary will vary depending upon which homes the visitors would like to visit. Possible places include:
• Tutor Place, home of Martha Washington's granddaughter,
• The Anderson House, home of Lars Anderson
• The Brewmaster's Castle, the home of Christian Heurich
• Hillwood, the home of Marjory Meriwether Post collection
• The Kreeger, home of David Lloyd Kreeger, former CEO of GEICO
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: To be determined.
End location: To be determined
Duration: 6 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 USA - Some of the homes have admittance fees. The actual price will depend upon the number of people. Refreshments are not include. Also not included is transportation. A car service can be hired or cabs/Uber/Lyft will work well.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle, arrange for a separate car and driver (at additional cost) or we can use DC's great Metro system combined with reasonable taxi cabs when needed.