Youth and Family, Museums / Culture, Local Experience, First Time Visitor
Kid Friendly: Yes. Suitable for mature teenagers
You must be able to get in and out of the car. Chair can be placed in back of car but it may take the place of a seat limiting tour to four customers. There is no chair lift. If you have a DMV issued Handicapped Placard, please bring it along.
Maximum travelers: 6
Unique Locations to see in Washington by Private Car
Is this your second trip to Washington, DC or your second day on your first trip? Chances are you have visited all of the monuments on the mall. So what to do next? Discover sites not often visited in DC and ensure you're able to share with your friends and family back home a unique DC experience.
- 11:00 What was the Camp David for Presidents in the mid 19th century? Discover the Lincoln Cottage at the US Soldiers and Sailors Home. See where President Lincoln penned the Emancipation Proclamation and where the Lincoln family gained respite from the war.
- 1:00 Visit our National Cathedral on a guided docent led tour through a 20th century built Gothic Cathedral.
- 2:15 The Andersen House is a fine example of a Guilded Age home. See how an upper class American Family lived in the late 19th century.
- 4:00 Experience Ford's Theatre, its Museum, and the Petersen House where President Lincoln passed away after his assassination.
- 6:00 Clara Barton was a great hero during the Civil War, establishing standards of care for wounded soldiers. After the war, she established an office in Washington that families could write to inquiring about missing soldiers. Visit her office and see the archives that were only discovered in the attic of the office in 1996!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Agreed Location within Alexandria City Limits, Arlington County, or District of Columbia (Washington City).
End location: Agreed Location within Alexandria City Limits, Arlington County, or District of Columbia (Washington City).
Duration: 9 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 USD - You might consider briinging $20 USD per person with you for things like snacks, drinks or souvenirs."
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
September 27, 28, and October 1 and 2 four of us toured the DC area with Tom. He was knowledgeable about the area, fun, and flexible. We had a great time! Tom's tour gets a 5 out of 5. We saw so much more than we would have seen on our own! Thank you Tom. Lou & Gary Mayer