Private 6-hour Car & Walking Tour
The tour is perfect for visitors who like Frederic Chopin's music and would like to see the outskirts of Warsaw.
During the tour:
- go to Zelazowa Wola and see the house where Chopin was born and his parents had met
- walk in a beautiful park and be surrounded by his music
- listen to Chopin concerts in the manor's garden (Saturdays and Sundays)
- see two short films about Chopin's life in Poland and France in the park's cinema
- visit the 14th-century church where Chopin's parents got married and later baptised little Frederic
- have lunch or coffee in a typical Polish restaurant Recipe for Compote
- admire the Mazovian landscape and the Kampinos National Park on the way
If you want to change the program of the tour, make it longer and visit Chopin places in Warsaw as well, or if you want to see other Mazovian attractions such as the Nieborów Palace or Park in Arkadia, let me know. I am flexible and will do my best to make you satisfied.
First we will go 30 miles to Żelazowa Wola where Frederic Chopin was born and spent the first few months before moving to Warsaw. We will see a manor house where he lived with his family, walk in a park to listen to his music among trees and flowers, spend 20 minutes in the cinema to see two short films about his life.
Then we will have a break in one of the best restaurants in the Mazovian region to see Polish folklore and have a coffee or lunch.
On the way back we will visit a church in Brochów where little Frederic was baptised. We will also admire Mazovian landscape and Kampinos National Park.
In my opinion, Chopin's birthplace is one of the best sites in the outskirts of Warsaw. It is one of my favourite places in Poland.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: You will be picked-up from your hotel lobby or any other place you specify (the airport, train station, private apartment).
End location: You will be dropped-off at your hotel or any other place chosen by you (a restaurant, museum, airport, train station).
Duration: 6 hours
If you want to make the tour longer there are two options:
1. We will also visit the Nieborów Palace, Park in Arkadia and Heritage Park in Maurzyce - then the tour will take 8-9 hours
2. We will also visit Chopin's places in Warsaw: Krakowskie Przedmieście street, Pilsudski Square, Royal Lazienki Park - then the tour will take 8-9 hours
Ask about prices if you want to prolong the tour.
Chevrolet Cruze (2013, for 5 people, station wagon, modern and clean, A/C, fully equipped)
Chevrolet Captiva (2012, for 7 people, modern and clean, A/C, fully equipped).
For larger groups, I can hire a van or a bus for an extra fee (send me a message for a quote).
A government-licensed private guide with fluent English
Transportation by private car
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 PLN - Admission to the museum and park in Zelazowa Wola is USD 5.5 per person (it is not included in the price of the tour). The ticket includes films in the cinema.
Lunch in the Recipe for Compote Restaurant is about USD 10.
Coffee is USD 4.
Chopin and Mazovian souvenirs are USD 1-15.
Meals and drinks are extra. Lunch is USD 10, coffee is USD 4. Admission fees if needed.
My vehicle can fit up to 6 passengers. If you need a bigger one, let me know and I will organize a van or a bus.
I can create tailor-made tours as well. If you have any special wishes/requests, let me know.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
I was warmly welcomed by Gosia for each of my three tours with her. I felt welcomed each time. The guide and tours were extremely good, very flexible (appreciate this!) and for that Gosia deserves a special thanks. Gosia has such a warm personality and is highly motivated (recommendable!). I truly enjoyed the nearly 20 hours I spent with Gosia over three days. All respect for Gosia who does a great job; a true sample of an excellent tour guide! I highly recommend ToursByLocals Guide Gosia to eve