Warsaw essentials in 5 hours
If you are in Warsaw for the first time, this tour is perfect for you.
You will see the city highlights but also some places popular among the Varsioviens rather than the tourists and feel the unique city atmosphere.
We will walk around the Old Town and Royal Route to see its all iconic landmarks, historical churches, palaces, monuments and enjoy the atmosphere of small lanes with cozy cafes and beautiful views. You will see amazing place destroyed in 90 % during WW II, then excellently reconstructed, getting the status of a UNESCO World Heritage.
We will visit the oasis of greenery: XVIII century Saxon Garden in the center and Łazienki Palace and Garden - huge green complex with beautiful royal residence.
You will see the former Ghetto area - the place inhabited by hundreds of Jews, almost totally exterminated by the Nazis during WWII.
Finally, I will show you the Palace of Culture and Science, a prime example of communist architecture, surrounded by modern skyscrapers of Warsaw Business Area.
* The Old Town (the Royal Castle, gothic cathedral of St. John, Market Square with the Mermaid Monument, Defensive Walls) and Royal Route- historical centre and the oldest part of the city;
* The Saxon Garden - the oldest public park with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, watched over by a military honor guard (possibly guard change to be seen);
* The former Jewish district - Ghetto area with Umschlaplatz, from which the Jews were sent to Treblinka death camp and with modern Museum of the History of Polish Jews;
* Vistula river with panorama of right-bank Warsaw;
* Lazienki - Palace on the Isle (entrance is the option), the Orangery, the Amphitheater and huge park with peacocks, squirrels etc. ;
* The Palace of Culture and Science - the symbol of communism and the tallest building in Poland with breathtaking city panorama from the top (entering the viewing terrace is the option).
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up from the hotel, railway station or any other place suitable for you.
End location: We can end the tour at any place suitable for you (city center, shopping gallery, museum, your hotel, etc.)
Duration: 5 hours
Driving and walking tour.
The car used: Kia Sportage, comfortable, air-conditioned, suitable for 3 passengers.
For bigger groups the van can be hired (paid extra). ). Please email me for a custom tour if need this, so that I can prize it to you.
* private car transportation up to 3 persons
* parking fees
* certified local guide service
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 PLN - * 10 - 20 PLN (Polish zloty) for coffee or snacks on the way
* Lazienki Palace - 25 PLN per person (free entrance on Thursdays)
* Viewing terrace in the Palace of Culture and Science - 20 PLN per person
Most credit/payments cards are accepted.
I recommend to have some cash (Polish zloty) for a bottle of water or other small things.
* Coffee, snacks etc. on the way
* Any other personal expenses
* Optional admissions:
- Lazienki Palace - 25 PLN per person (free entrance on Thursdays)
- Viewing terrace in the Palace of Culture and Science - 20 PLN per person
* The tour can be EXTENDED on your request, please contact me for a quote.
* Pick up from the AIRPORT is available upon request (for an additional cost).
* LARGER vehicles can be arranged for bigger groups; inquire for more information.
My car (Kia Sportage) can fit up to 3 people comfortably. Please inquire for larger groups.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
I have traveled all over the world and have used many travel guides. I would have to say Jola did a great job! She met us at our Airbnb and was flexibale to change her tour to meet our needs. She was very personable and friendly giving all three of us her attention. Jola knew Warsaw and spoke passionately about Polish historical events. Jola was able to answer our questions about everything (even my sisters plants and flowers questions). She clearly spoke English and had a comfortable car.