Private Car & Walking Tour
The tour is perfect for visitors who want to see all the city attractions in a day.
During the tour:
- compare the 17th-century aristocratic palaces with post-war communist architecture and modern glass skyscrapers of the 21st century
- see what was left in Warsaw after WWII as it was destroyed in 85%
- learn why the Old Town is signed into the UNESCO list although it is all reconstructed after WWII
- listen to Chopin music and find out where he lived and played his first concert
- see where Madame Curie did her first experiments
- hear anecdotes about the Palace of Culture and Science, the main symbol of communism in Poland
- hear the story of the Pianist and other Jews
- meet a peacock in the most beautiful park in Poland
- visit Wilanow, "the Polish Versailles"
- see a district with the highest birth rate in Poland
If you want to change the program of the tour, make it for a larger group of people or visit a museum, let me know. I am flexible and will do my best to make you satisfied.
We will start with a walk around the Old and New Town (Royal Castle, St. John's Cathedral, Market Square and Defensive City Walls) and Royal Route (Presidential Palace, Chopin Apartments, Warsaw University, National Opera and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier).
Then we will go to the city center (Palace of Culture and Science, Constitution Square, Jewish Ghetto).
We will also visit the district of Wilanow (Palace and Gardens, Town of Wilanow and Temple of Divine Providence).
Then we will go to the Royal Lazienki Park (Palace on the Isle and Chopin Monument).
In the end we will see the Vistula Riverbank (National Soccer Stadium, Park of Fountains, Copernicus Science Center, Praga District).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Chevrolet Cruze (2013, for 5 people, station wagon, modern and clean, A/C, fully equipped)
Chevrolet Captiva (2012, for 7 people, modern and clean, A/C, fully equipped).
For larger groups, I can hire a van or a bus for an extra fee (send me a message for a quote).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 PLN - Lunch is approximately USD 16 (PLN 60).
My vehicle can fit up to 6 passengers. If you need a bigger one, let me know and I will organize a van or a bus.
I can create tailor-made tours as well. If you have any special wishes/requests, let me know.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This was my first Tour by Local and Gosia exceeded my expectation. She was personable, full of information and obviously had a great love for her city Warsaw. I pushed my elderly mother around in a wheelchair for the tour and Gosia was very patient and helpful. We saw many interesting and beautiful sites. Gosia dicribed each sight and explained its history painting a mental picture of the struggles the victories and the pride of the Polish people. I Highly Recommend this tour. Thank you Gosia