Private Car & Walking Tour
The tour is perfect for visitors who want to see all the city attractions in a day.
During the tour:
- compare the 17th-century aristocratic palaces with post-war communist architecture and modern glass skyscrapers of the 21st century
- see what was left in Warsaw after WWII as it was destroyed in 85%
- learn why the Old Town is signed into the UNESCO list although it is all reconstructed after WWII
- listen to Chopin music and find out where he lived and played his first concert
- see where Madame Curie did her first experiments
- hear anecdotes about the Palace of Culture and Science, the main symbol of communism in Poland
- learn about holocaust and the history of the Polish Jews during WW II
- meet a peacock in the most beautiful park in Poland
- visit Wilanow, "the Polish Versailles"
- see the Vistula riverbank with its boulevards and a great panorama of the Old Town and the Praga district
We will start with a walk around the Old and New Town (Royal Castle, St. John's Cathedral, Market Square and Defensive City Walls) and Royal Route (Presidential Palace, Chopin Apartments, Warsaw University, National Opera and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. )
Then we will visit downtown (Palace of Culture and Science. )
We will go to the former Jewish ghetto to learn how tragic their life was during WW II.
We will also visit the district of Wilanow (Palace and Gardens, Town of Wilanow and Temple of Divine Providence. )
Then we will go to the Royal Lazienki Park (Palace on the Isle and Chopin Monument).
In the end we will see the Vistula Riverbank (National Soccer Stadium, Park of Fountains, Copernicus Science Center, Praga District).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Chevrolet Cruze (for up to 4 travelers, station wagon, clean, A/C)
For larger groups I can hire a minivan or a bus for an extra fee. We can also use cab minivans.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 PLN - Lunch is approximately USD 16 (PLN 60).
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Gosia is pleasant and personable and very knowledgeable of Polish and Warsaw culture, history, arts and current affairs. She gave us a wonderful overview of Warsaw throughout history up to modern days. We saw so much and learned a lot. She made jour day fun, interesting and filled with new discoveries. I would highly recommend her to anyone visiting Warsaw.