Discover an ancient city that stretches over 2500 years with a local guide!
Welcome to the city I was born and raised. Let me take you on a walking tour in Durres, a city that stretches over 2500 years and it was called ''The tavern of the Adriatic'' by Catallus, a Roman poet. On this tour I will show you some of the unique places and still preserved attractions that make this city special. We are also going to visit the archaeological museum which offers an exhibition of the archaeological findings.
Last but not least we are going to visit a church and a mosque where I will explain to you how religion works in Albania.
Our tour finishes at the Volga square where we shall have coffee or ice cream (Durres is famous for ice cream in Albania) while we discuss how nowadays Albanians live in the city.
In case you want me to customize this tour, just ask!
- Pick up from the port
- The walking tour starts from the city center (square Iliria) and from there we visit:
- The Roman amphitheater (from inside), and the Byzantine walls.
- The Fatih Mosque which is a Cultural Monument of Albania.
- The Ortodox Church of Saint Pavel and Saint Ast Durres.
- The Venetian tower.
- The archaeological museum.
- 1h free time at the Volga square for coffee or ice cream.
- Drive back from Volga square to the port.
- End of tour.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
Private rented car.
In case of bigger groups i can arrange a larger vehicle with driver.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3500 Lekë - For food, drinks and souvenirs.
3500 lekë are 30 approximately USD
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks