Explore renowned Japanese gardens in Kyoto where is a garden lover's paradise.
Kyoto is a paradise for garden lovers.
With this tour, you can visit several beautiful Japanese gardens with various styles.
1. A pure land style garden
Pure land style garden is a style of Buddhist temple garden which intends to reproduce the Pure Land or a Buddhist paradise.
2. A pond and island garden
Pond gardens are often designed for a pleasure of walking or sitting in a beautiful environment surrounded by nature.
3. A dry landscape garden (or ZEN garden)
Development of Zen gardens was a way to express Zen thoughts. It does not use water and instead expresses water figuratively using materials such as sands and gravels.
4. An early modern naturalistic style garden.
5. Tea garden (Roji garden)
The tea garden is a path which leads visitors from the everyday world to the Teahouse, where tea ceremony is held.
6. A palace style garden
Palace style gardens are originated from a garden attached to a palace style building.
The itinerary will be created by selecting gardens from the places listed in the highlight section 1-6 according to your preference.
1. A pure land style garden - Byodo-in temple
2. A pond and island garden - Ginkaku-Ji temple also known as the silver pavilion
3. A dry landscape garden (or ZEN garden) - Nanzen-Ji, Kennin-Ji, Daitoku-ji Daisen-in, Tofuku-Ji, Ryoan-Ji
4. An early modern naturalistic style garden - Murin-an
5. A tea garden (or Roji garden) - Tofuku-Ji Funda-in
6. A palace style garden - Ninna-Ji temple.
Other gardens based on your request.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or public facility (e.g. train station) in Kyoto city
End location: At your hotel or public facility (e.g. train station) in Kyoto city
Duration: 8 hours
Public transportation or taxi
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 Japanese Yen - - Admission to each temple/touristic sites - from 500 JPY to 1,000 JPY per site
- Public transport (bus, subway, train) - around 200-300 JPY for one section
- Taxi - approx. 700 JPY for 1.5 km.
Note: The above estimate of local payments do not include food and beverage.
I am not a driver guide but I can arrange transportation upon request.