My name is Thuan. I would like to invite and welcome all of you to Vietnam in order to explore my wonderful and amazing country, with its centuries-old culture, unique landmarks, and rustic countryside.
I was born and grew up in the city of Hue. Situated in central Vietnam, Hue was the country's former capital from 1802-1945. As the historic capital of Vietnam for almost 150 years, Hue invites travelers to explore its many fascinating sites, including the Imperial City and Royal Tombs, as well as its myriad quaint streets, exotic shops, and restaurants that serve our world-renowned Hue cuisine.
I have been guiding tourists around Hue and other nearby sites and cities for over 7 years, including trips to the historic port city of Hoi An, My Son, the holy city of the Champa people, and the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). As a professional guide, I have extensive experience in all aspects of Vietnamese tourism, especially planning and organizing tours of various sizes both inside and outside of Hue. Finding a qualified tour guide that knows the country's many sites and its history remains difficult. As someone that lives in and knows Vietnam in general - and the ancient city of Hue in particular - I am confident that I can organize and guide a private tour of any size for visitors that want to visit Hue and its surroundings.
I was also formerly an English teacher in Hue City. I taught English for high school and university students at a language center at night. As such, my English skills are good enough to communicate with travelers who also speak English, which will in turn give you a great deal of information about culture and society in Vietnam.
So join my tours and experience the ancient city of Hue, Danang city with China Beach and Hoian ancient town - an Unesco site in a way that you couldn't have anywhere else. My slogans are "the slower, the more enjoyable" and "the shortest way to learn about local culture is to meet local people". By joining my tours, you will experience many aspects of Vietnam's culture and its local customs that you might otherwise never know - especially if you were to take a tour with a big group or group with guides that were not born and raised in the region you are visiting.
For tourists coming from cruise ships, I arrange first-class minivans that feature upgraded interiors and very comfortable seats. On longer trips, we will of course include stops to stretch your legs and take the pictures of local villages or farmers.
If you have any special requests or wishes please let me know. Making tailor-made tours to match your personal interests is what I do best.
* FEEDBACKS / REVIEW FROM THE TRAVELERS:
- I just wanted to let you know that the tour was a complete success, thanks in large part, for the assistance provided by my tour guide, Thuan. Two of the things I wanted to do while there was (1) try to locate a young boy that I had befriended in 1967-68 and (2) locate a young girl that had been seriously injured when she was struck by a truck being operated by a member of my unit. I was able to accomplish both, thanks to the untiring efforts of Mr. Thuan.
* For Viet Vetarans Tour: Mr Kevin Shotsberger: My brother Jim and I just returned from a 10-day trip to Tokyo, Viet Nam and Hong Kong. The purpose of this trip was to bring my brother back to visit sites in Viet Nam that he fought in 50 years ago as a Marine. This was an emotional trip, one that my brother has been wanting to go on for years and now we were finally able to take him back. He had very specific sites that he wanted to see—Camp Carroll, the Rockpile, Con Tien, Marble Mountain, the Hai Van Pass, China Beach, Liberty Bridge—to name a few.
- The Cruise Shore Exursions traveler: " such an outstanding tour of Hue and the surrounding area, your in-depth knowledge of your country, the religious and cultural aspects of Vietnam
A Recent Review of this guide
We had a wonderful two days with Thuan, as he combined the history of Hue with the excitement of nighttime Da Nang and lovely Hoi An — and doing all of this during the Lunar New Year holiday. The holiday gave us the opportunity to eat fresh-grilled seafood on the beach! While it also meant some places were closed, it offered new opportunities. We will never forget the kindness of his family inviting us to share holiday specialties in their home. Thank you, Thuan!
I have a special INTERNATIONAL TOUR OPERATOR LICENCE : 46-053/2019/TCDL-GP LHQT. This is a legal licence to organize / arrange the local tours for foreigner traveling to Vietnam.
If any guides do not have one, the Local culture Police will stop or prevent and Punish a lots of money.
Second, I have an official Tour Guide Licence certified by Tourism Authority of Vietnam (TAV).
(TOUR GUIDE LICENSE IS like car licence that you have to have to organize the tour for international traveler legally in VIETNAM)
* My Experiences:
- Having been working full time English speaking tour guide for over 10 years, Esp for Cruise Ship Shore Excursions
- A bachelor degree in English language at Hue university of foreign languages.
- English Teacher for 3 years at English Language Center.
- Teacher of Computer Center for 5 years.