My name is Thuan. I would like to invite and welcome all of you to Vietnam in order to explore my wonderful and amazing country, with its centuries-old culture, unique landmarks, and rustic countryside.
I was born and grew up in the city of Hue. Situated in central Vietnam, Hue was the country's former capital from 1802-1945. As the historic capital of Vietnam for almost 150 years, Hue invites travelers to explore its many fascinating sites, including the Imperial City and Royal Tombs, as well as its myriad quaint streets, exotic shops, and restaurants that serve our world-renowned Hue cuisine.
I have been guiding tourists around Hue and other nearby sites and cities for over 7 years, including trips to the historic port city of Hoi An, My Son, the holy city of the Champa people, and the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). As a professional guide, I have extensive experience in all aspects of Vietnamese tourism, especially planning and organizing tours of various sizes both inside and outside of Hue. Finding a qualified tour guide that knows the country's many sites and its history remains difficult. As someone that lives in and knows Vietnam in general - and the ancient city of Hue in particular - I am confident that I can organize and guide a private tour of any size for visitors that want to visit Hue and its surroundings.
I was also formerly an English teacher in Hue City. I taught English for high school and university students at a language center at night. As such, my English skills are good enough to communicate with travelers who also speak English, which will in turn give you a great deal of information about culture and society in Vietnam.
So join my tours and experience the ancient city of Hue, Danang city with China Beach and Hoian ancient town - an Unesco site in a way that you couldn't have anywhere else. My slogans are "the slower, the more enjoyable" and "the shortest way to learn about local culture is to meet local people". By joining my tours, you will experience many aspects of Vietnam's culture and its local customs that you might otherwise never know - especially if you were to take a tour with a big group or group with guides that were not born and raised in the region you are visiting.
For tourists coming from cruise ships, I arrange first-class minivans that feature upgraded interiors and very comfortable seats. On longer trips, we will of course include stops to stretch your legs and take the pictures of local villages or farmers.
If you have any special requests or wishes please let me know. Making tailor-made tours to match your personal interests is what I do best.
In conclusion, I would like to say thank you for reading my profile - and I hope to see you in Vietnam soon!
What my customers said about me:
- I just wanted to let you know that the tour was a complete success, thanks in large part, for the assistance provided by my tour guide, Thuan. Two of the things I wanted to do while there was (1) try to locate a young boy that I had befriended in 1967-68 and (2) locate a young girl that had been seriously injured when she was struck by a truck being operated by a member of my unit. I was able to accomplish both, thanks to the untiring efforts of Mr. Thuan.
Mr. Thuan is a true professional, honest, speaks excellent english, and was totally dedicated to making my tour a pleasant and successful one. I highly recommend him as a guide for tours that are booked through Toursbylocals
(Harold Cleveland - American veteran at Dmz Vietnam 67-68)
- such an outstanding tour of Hue and the surrounding area, your in-depth knowledge of your country, the religious and cultural aspects of Vietnam[ particularly of your knowledge of the ancient history of Hue - ( Jim Ifland - Florida -
A Recent Review of this guide
This tour with Thuan was excellent. From the outset, Thuan was flexible about how we spent our time at the various sights on the tour; even modifying the schedule so that was could maximize our time in certain locations. The sights were phenomenal and Thuan gave a very detailed history of each location. It was quite literally like traveling with an old friend. I couldn't recommend this tour more highly. Thuan is a master guide!
I have an official tour guide license certified by Tourism Authority of Vietnam (TAV).
(TOUR GUIDE LICENSE IS COMPULSORY to take a tour legally in VIETNAM, and vice versa)
* My experiences:
- A bachelor degree in English language at Hue university of foreign languages.
- English Teacher for 3 years at Language Center and families.
- Teacher of Computer Center for 5 years.
- Being full time English speaking tour guide for over 8 years.