Dong Thap Province (Cajuput Canals Sampan Rowing) and Vinh Long Province (Islets inside the river)
Peaceful Villages are the rural villages inside and riverside of Mekong Delta. Along the river, there are docks that handle passengers and goods, and the floating market.
A boat trip from Cai Be to Vinh Long, tourists will visit Cai Be Floating Market to experience how people exchanging goods, fruits. . . Then tourists stop at some local factories, such as the coconut candy mill, the crispy rice popcorn…to see the way how they make these things and taste some of them.
Back the boat for the other islet to wander around the fruit plantation. Enjoy some kind of seasonal fruits and then keep cruising to Vinh Long. . .
Dong Thap is famous for lotus fields and cajuput forest sampan rowing the canals. Yes, this is the must stop for tourists who want to touch the locals deeply because of there is few international tourists here.
See the real Mekong locals - Stop at Dong Thap.
Day 1: Saigon - Cai Be - Peace Village (L/D)
- Hotel pick up
- Drive to Caibe Village, on the way stop at a local colorful temple
- Caibe boat trip to small floating market
- Visit local factories of coconut candy, rice paper, pop-rice. . .
- Bicycle riding (or walking/biking) to orchard fruits garden to enjoy fruits at the gardens (pick up fruits by yourself ) and listen local folk music.
- Sampan rowing at the small charming canal
- Lunch with local style
- A short driving to the green cajuput park: walking through this green park to learn more about the historical site or sampan rowing
- Overnight at the charming riverside homestay
Day 2: Peace Village - Saigon City Tour (B/L)
- Freetime for relaxing till noon time. Check out
Drive back the city for visiting:
- Visit the ancient temple on the way: Thienhau temple
+ City Hall & Opera House, Notre Dame church & Central Post Office (photo stops)
+ War museum
Tour ends at Saigon centre
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at Hotel lobby
End location: Drop off at hotel lobby
Duration: 2 days
Transported by private van: 1-3 customers: Innova (new model). From 4 customers: Mec Sprinter (new model).
• Meals as per itinerary
• Homestay at the local house
• Mineral water everyday
• Transported by private van: 1-3 customers: Innova or Fortuner (new model). From 4 customers: Ford Transit or Mec Sprinter (new model)
• Experienced English speaking guides
• Entrance fees, private boat, excursions as per itinerary
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 USD - To taste/buy some of local foods/drinks/souvenirs/tips...
• Travel Insurance
• Other personal expenses
• Drinks are not included with any meal
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Tony and his driver were prompt and he was clear on where to met him. Tony's agenda for the tour was very informative and interesting. The driving in Viet Nam can be scary but we never felt in danger. Tony's has personal insight to the Mekong Delta and can speak about personal experiences. We stopped at local stands to see and experience local flavor and see how people live. Tony's English were very good and we had no difficulties understanding his detailed explanations.