Overview walking tour of Vienna, half day
At the end of this 3, 5 hour private walking tour (also using public transportation) you will have seen the main places of interest in Vienna's city center: Hofburg - the imperial residence of the Habsburgs, the majestic buildings on the Ringstrasse, St. Stephen's cathedral, the Belvedere Palace - Prince Eugene's baroque summer residence and others. You will get information and ideas about entertainment, cultural and culinary spots for your further exploration of the city on your own.
- Ringstrasse with its splendid buildings
(Parliament, Imperial Court Theatre, City Hall, University, Vienna State Opera, das Kunsthistorische Museum (Museum of Art History) and das Naturhistorische Museum (Museum of Natural History) and others);
- Hofburg with its squares and courtyards;
- elegant Kohlmarkt with the Demel pastry shop, which is particularly worth seeing;
- Graben with the Pestsäule (plague column);
- St. Stephen's cathedral, the city's landmark;
- Belvedere Palace, the summer residence of Prince Eugene of Savoy in baroque style by tram. From the park we will see the beautiful view over the city;
- the baroque church Karlskirche;
- Musikverein, the concert hall where the New Year's Concert of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra takes place.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: at your hotel
End location: city center, so that you explore the city by yourself, after having received information about other places which interest you.
Duration: 3 hours 30 min.
walking and using public transportation
Private tourist guide services for 3,5 hours. No inside visits intended.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 EUR - per person, for public transportation and for your personal expenses should credit cards not be accepted at some stores.
Fees for public transportation: 4,60 EUR/person. Any personal expenses.
I do not have a commercial driver's license, but I can arrange a car with a driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Marietta gave us a great overview of Vienna. She also helped us plan activities for the remainder of our stay in the city. We recommend her whole heartedly.