Overview walking tour of Vienna, full day
At the end of this 6, 5 hour private walking tour (also using public transportation) you will have seen the main places of interest in Vienna's city center: Hofburg - the imperial residence of the Habsburgs, the majestic buildings on the Ringstrasse, St. Stephen's cathedral, the Belvedere Palace - Prince Eugene's baroque summer residence and others. In the afternoon we will visit Schönbrunn - the imperial summer residence. You will get information and ideas about entertainment, cultural and culinary spots for your further exploration of the city on your own.
- the Ringstrasse with its splendid buildings
(Parliament, Imperial Court Theatre, City Hall, University, Vienna State Opera, das Kunsthistorische Museum (Museum of Art History) and das Naturhistorische Museum (Museum of Natural History) and others);
- the Hofburg with its squares and courtyards;
- the elegant Kohlmarkt with the Demel pastry shop, which is particularly worth seeing;
- the Graben with the Pestsäule (plague column);
- St. Stephen's cathedral, the city's landmark;
- Belvedere Palace, the summer residence of Prince Eugene in baroque style by tram. From the park we will see the beautiful view over the city;
- the baroque church Karlskirche;
- the Musikverein, the concert hall where the New Year's Concert of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra takes place.
- tour the Schönbrunn Palace, the summer residence of the Habsburgs and the beautiful park.
There will be a possibility to take a light lunch or to try the typical Viennese pastries.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: at your hotel
End location: The Schönbrunn Palace, where you will be able to visit the oldest zoo in Europe or have an extensive walk in the park.
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
walking and using public transportation
Private tourist guide services for 6 hours. Map of Vienna.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 EUR - per person, for public transportation, museum tickets and for your personal expenses should credit cards not be accepted.
Fees for public transportation: 7,80 EUR/person/24hours.
Entrance fee for visiting the Schönbrunn Palace: 14,50 EUR/person. Any personal expenses.
I do not have a commercial driver's license, but I can arrange a car with a driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Having almost a full day with a great guide can make the difference between a good trip and a fantastic trip. Rapid bypassing of long lines to gain entry into popular sites. A guide can tell you more in a few minutes than most guide books and relate one thing to another allowing to become familiar with a city and its major sites quickly! Great day! Thank you Marieta!
R Jeffrey Davis