Comfortable overview tour of Vienna by car and walking
This tour is suitable for those who like comfortable city tours by car with a driver and a private guide.
At the end of this 3 hour tour you will have seen the main places of interest in Vienna; will have information and ideas about entertainment, cultural and culinary spots for further exploration of the city on your own.
- the Ringstrasse with its splendid buildings
(Parliament, Imperial Court Theatre, City Hall, University, Vienna State Opera, das Kunsthistorische Museum (Museum of Art History) and das Naturhistorische Museum (Museum of Natural History) and others;
- the Prater with the Giant Ferris Wheel;
- the river Danube and the Vienna International Center (UNO City);
- the Hundertwasserhaus , an apartment building decorated by the artist Hundertwasser;
- the Belvedere Palace, the summer residence of Prince Eugene in baroque style. From the park we will see the beautiful view over the city;
- the baroque church Karlskirche and the Musikverein, the concert hall where the New Year's Concert of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra takes place;
- the Hofburg, the imperial residence of the Habsburgs;
- the elegant Kohlmarkt with the Demel pastry shop;
- the Graben to the Pestsäule (plague column);
- St. Stephen's cathedral, the city's landmark.
Variations of this itinerary are possible upon agreement.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel.
End location: Your hotel
Duration: 3 hours
Transportaion by hired car or minivan- first class service and walking
Private tour guide services and hired car or minivan with driver for 3 hours. No inside visits intended.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 EUR - per person, for drinks, should credit cards not be accepted at some stores.
Any personal expenses.
I do not have a commercial driver's license, but I can arrange a car with a driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Thank you Maria for your insightful knowledge in showing your lovely city of Vienna to our family. You customized the tour to our family's interests and challenges and we are grateful for that. Our family included a senior with mobility challenges as well as two daughters ages 11 and 14. The driver recommended a great restaurant for us to enjoy directly after our tour- our time in Vienna was wonderful. Thank you again!