See the world's biggest repertory theater and meet the leading composers of classical music
This tour is dedicated for music lovers and fans of outstanding precious architecture as it combines a visit to two impressive and informative buildings:
1. The "Vienna State Opera", the biggest repertory theater worldwide with its majestic architecure as one of the most precious Ringroad Palaces. it houses the famlous Vienna Opera ball every Thursday before Carneval weekend.
2. The "House of Music", showing a permanent exhibition dedicated to the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and to the leading composers of classical music like Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, Maler, Schönberg and others.
1. Visit of the Vienna State Opera
2. Short city walk
3. Visit of the House of Music
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting point has to be aside the Opera, at the entrance to the underground station.
End location: The tour will end at the Haus of Music. Therefore you can decide to stay longer within that museum.
Duration: 3 hours
The Vienna Staatsoper offers to be visited by private guided tours either in the morning or the afternoon. This cannot be decided but short term, as it depends on the daily time period of rehearsals. Finally till one month before date you should maintain flexibility on the day you plan to be guided within the Opera: either in the morning or in the afternoon! In addition please be aware that it always can come short term to changes, which means, any booking has to be confirmed short term to be valid!
This is a walking tour and a museum tour.
* License private guide for 3 hours
* Entrance ticket and tour within the "Wiener Staatsoper"
* Entrance ticket and tour within "Haus der Musik"
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 Euros per person - for souvenirs
Transport to and from the meeting point, refreshments or souvenirs.