City, First Time Visitor, Museums / Culture, Religious Heritage
Kid Friendly: Yes.
Compact, well preserved, clean, flat and quiet, Vicenza is pedestrian- and wheelchair-friendly. Most of the historic centre is closed to cars and can easily be toured in wheelchair and by foot: it's a joy to stroll without worrying about cars! Most of the sidewalks are low, some of the streets are covered with stone.
Maximum travelers: 10
English (fluent), French (fluent), German (conversational), Italian (fluent), Spanish (conversational)
A private tour in the heart of the Renaissance
Vicenza is the city of one of the most famous architects in Italian history, Andrea Palladio, and during the tour we can visit many of his marvellous creations: palazzos, monuments and the Teatro Olimpico, built in the late 16th century, the oldest covered theatre in the world based on a study of ancient Roman theatres.
You'll be amazed by the number of elegant streets, cafés and romantic corners you can find in Vicenza. Together with the Palladian villas, Vicenza is a Unesco World Heritage site.
* On Mondays, the main landmarks are closed.
* This tour can be matched with tour #404757 "The villas of Palladio and the paintings of Tiepolo".
With this tour we're going to sightsee all the main Palladian buildings in Vicenza's old center, besides all other important churches and monuments and all of their paintings and decorations:
- the Teatro Olimpico
- the Palazzo Chiericati by Palladio
- the church of Santa Corona
- the gothic Venetian palaces
- the main square Piazza dei Signori with the Basilica and the Loggia
- the Cathedral.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Railway station or any spot in the city old center.
End location: Back to the railway station or to your hotel on request.
Duration: 3 hours
The guided walking tour for the duration of about 3 hours
The entrance tickets to all museums and monuments of the tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - For some shopping and a light lunch.
1. Any connection from your hotel to Vicenza's city center can be arranged on demand. Please contact me to agree any extra transportation if necessary.
2. Access fee to the rooftop of the Basilica when open (4€).
I'm not a professional driver: I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.