A full day visit to the Chateau de Versailles in Marie-Antoinette footsteps
Visiting Versailles is a unique experience and the best way to make the past live again. The Chateau, its gardens and the incredibly beautiful Domain of Marie-Antoinette are waiting for you to discover the real life and history of the French monarchy.
Follow me in this journey along the centuries, from the "grand siecle" of Louis XIV, the Sun king, the man who created the splendor of Versailles and its incredible hall of mirrors, to the 18th century of Marie-Antoinette, the beheaded queen, the woman who dreamed about a simple life in the countryside.
The Royal apartments, the great fountains and the hidden grooves, the quaint Petit Trianon with its English garden and the Hameau de la Reine, a dreamy farmers village will not have any more secret.
Have you already visited the Royal Apartment or do you think the Chateau is going to be too crowded? Choose to visit only the Marie-Antoinette domain and discover an oasis of calm, beauty, luxe full of atmosphere and charm.
Our tour will start in Paris, at your hotel or where it is more convenient for you. A professional chauffeur and I will pick you up and drive you safely to Versailles.
The tour will include:
- visit to the Royal Apartment skipping the line
- walk in the French garden to admire the most famous fountains and grooves
- visit to the Petit Trianon and to the Hameau de la Reine
At the end of the tour I will accompany you back to Paris.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up at your hotel or where is more convenient for you in Paris.
End location: At the end of the tour the driver and I will accompany you back to your hotel or where it is more convenient for you in Paris.
Duration: 8 hours
Traffic can be very heavy around Paris in rush hour so consider that going to Versailles or coming back can takes up to 2hours or more, depending on where your hotel is.
- return transfer to Versailles with private car/minivan.
- walking tour in Versailles garden
- walking tour to the Marie-Antoinette Domain (if you are tired we can take the little train linking the Chateau to the Petit Trianon, rent a bike or a golf car).
- Private guided tour in the Chateau de Versailles, its garden and in the Trianon area.
- Private transfer to/from Versailles departing from Paris city centre with a professional and fully licensed driver.
- Skip the line service to visit the Chateau de Versailles' Royal Apartment ((NBB: entrance time to the Royal Apartment will be confirmed by Versailles Administration only. For high season, booking should be done 3 months before the visit))
Estimated Local Cash Needed
22 euro - entrance ticket to the Chateau, the Garden and the Marie-Antoinette's Domain
- food and drinks during the day
- entrance tickets
- little train tickets /electric golf car or bike rental fee
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car or minivan and driver
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Sara is a highly knowledgeable guide who really understands both art and history. She is also a friendly, pleasant and charming person who makes you feel most welcome, looks after your interests, gives you a wonderful experience and is happy to share her experiences of life in Paris with you. We went to Versailles with Sara, and learned much from her. Next time in Paris, we will book for her other tours, particularly in the Louvre.