I am a private tour guide with insider knowledge, fun personality and a passion for Varanasi where I have lived my entire life.
Born and raised in the old city of Varanasi, I grew up imbibing the essence of the local culture.
After completing my MBA from the Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, I worked with the largest private sector bank at middle management level for 6 years and got various certifications in banking. However I found my true calling which is storytelling (I have learnt that it takes true commitment to tell a story) and show people the city I love. I'm a Varanasi foodie who is always up to date on the best places to eat in the city. I also have an in depth knowledge about Varanasi history. I always wanted to be of help to travelers and have undergone all guide training programs in India. I am also a member of the Government Approved Tourist Guide Association.
I am a passionate tour guide who brings his love for food, history, and a good story to every tour. I try to find out what my Guests are actually looking for while on a tour, and customize it accordingly. It's a blend of information, recreation and entertainment. The focus is that my Guests acclimatize with the local culture and experience Varanasi in its true sense.
I am completely flexible as far as times and itineraries are concerned. I operate on your schedule, at your pace, with your comfort, desires and wishes as my highest priorities.
I offer a wide variety of standard tours in and around the City along with tailor made tours designed to meet your specific wants and needs. My tours are fact-based, comprehensive and are designed to teach you about the people, culture and history of this unique City.
I offer several walking tours, food tour and photography tour in the old city of Varanasi which gives my Guest an opportunity to witness and experience the local culture and life of the people living in the old city for thousand of years. I also offer the morning and evening boat rides, Sarnath tour (the place where Lord Buddha delivered his first sermon) and visit to the famous Banaras Hindu University along with few temples.
Please browse my published tour options for a sample of how we can make the most of your time here in Varanasi. Should you have any special requests or if you prefer a customized tour itinerary, just let me know by clicking the 'Ask a Question' link and I will get back to your promptly.
You will notice that all of my tours are limited to 4 guests. This limitation exists to ensure that each guest gets personal attention throughout the tour. I can also help you coordinating Family Groups, Business Groups, School Groups and more. I can organize your transportation in conjunction with my expert guiding services.
I have worked as a tour leader in other parts of India. Besides, I also have an experience of working in Kumbh Mela, which is the biggest congregation of the Sadhus (Hindu Saints) and pilgrims which occurs after every 12 years.
I am looking forward to making your visit to Varanasi absolutely unforgettable.
A Recent Review of this guide
Kunal has made our experience in Varanasi to match or even surpass our expectations. He is very welcoming and passionate about the City of Light. Kunal is extremely knowledgeable and capable of opening any door in this diverse and unified city - the real Soul of India.
1. Regional Level Guide Training Program by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India-2013-2014 (Duration: 06 months).
2. State Level Guide Training Program by Uttar Pradesh Tourism department (State Government)-2012 (Duration: 01 month).
3. Vocational Training Program for Tour Guides conducted by Government of India-2010 (Duration 06 months).
4. Masters in Business Administration-Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University.
5. Worked as Product Consultant for Cox & Kings Inbound Tours.
6. Member of Indo American Chamber of Commerce.
7. Member of PHD Chamber of Commerce.
8. Lifetime Member of Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH).
9. Work as a tour guide for all the leading Destination Management Companies operating in India.
10. Entitled to work inside Archaeological Survey of India monuments.
11. Entitled to work in Private palaces and museums.
12. Entitled to book your Hotels.
13. Entitled to book Car, Train and Flight Tickets
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.