Private tour : a full day excursion though Split and Trogir
You have more than couple of hours to spare here in Split? Perfect!! Then this is an excursion for you!! 2 UNESCO sites in one shot.
Upon your arrival first you will be able to visit Split. Amazing Diocletian's palace will leave you breathless. How was the life in the old ancient times. . . this is a thing you definitely have to discover.
Although built out of the similar limestone, Trogir will leave a complete different impression. This Dalmatian jewel situated on a small island is another must see UNESCO site nearby Split. With the prevalent Gothic and Renaissance architecture, you will feel like you are walking through bonsai "Little Venice", even though there are only two bridges to cross over.
Split versus Trogir, ancient time versus Middle age, Rome versus Venice…who is the winner? Well, you be the judge at the end of the day.
- If you're coming by the cruise ship we'll meet at the harbor an walk to the palace (max 10 min walking) , otherwise we can set a meeting point upon your request.
- We start our visit with Split and the subterranean of Diocletian's Palace.
- Afterwards we'll walk around the city to understand how the Roman emperor's palace grew into the city during the Middle Ages.
- We continue with a drive towards Trogir where you will have the chance to explore in details Medieval styles: Cathedral, Court house, City Hall etc.
- Return from Trogir to Split.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Anywhere upon your request.
End location: Anywhere upon your request.
Duration: 6 hours
traffic can be very dense
Mitsubishi Colt 2004, Air-conditioned. It is much more convenient to move around with the smaller car!
If you require a different car please do not hesitate to contact me.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
250 Kuna - - ALL the entrance fees.
coffee, water, soft drinks, snacks, souvenirs...
I am a licensed guide, and have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Dino was a great guide. He was very informative and his gregarious, open, engaging and witty personality was a pleasure for the entire tour. His somewhat sarcastic perspective was a treat and lent a grounded and realistic outlook on historic and present day Split.