Discover essential Romanian landmarks and the unspoilt beauty of Transylvania, with your personal guide and private car
Discover essential Romanian landmarks and the unspoilt beauty of Transylvania in 2 days, with a personal guide and in the comfort of a private car.
We will first be heading to the Carpathian Mountains, two hours north of Bucharest, to visit two of world's most famous castles, before traveling to the heart of Transylvania, a land of cultural richness and natural beauty. Step back in time in Viscri, a village preserved intact, situated in one of the most solitary regions in southern Transylvania.
- Peles Castle, essential Romanian landmark, regarded as one of the most beautiful 19th century European royal residences
- Bran Castle, a 14th century citadel known for the story of Dracula
- Viscri village and its Fortified Church, both listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The medieval citadel of Sighisoara, one of the last inhabited medieval towns in Eastern Europe and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The medieval historical center of Brasov, one of the largest and most popular cities in Transylvania
Day 1 Bucuresti-Sinaia-Bran-Sighisoara
Travel to Sinaia, popular mountain resort in the Carpathian Mountains to visit Peles Castle, emblematic of the Romanian Royals. Cross into Transylvania to Bran Castle, the 14th century fortress famous due to the story of Dracula. Explore the twisting passages and staircases and learn about the true Prince Dracula, the myth and the reality. After lunch in Bran, we travel along the undulating hills and plains of Transylvania to Sighisoara, where we spend the night.
Day 2 Sighisoara-Viscri-Brasov-Bucharest
In the morning, tour of Sighisoara, enjoy the cobblestone streets and climb the steps of the Clock Tower for fantastic views over the city and surrounding area. We continue to the secluded village of Viscri, set amid gently rolling hills, where you take a step back in time. Enjoy a truly authentic rural experience, century old houses and unspoilt historical landscape. Last stop in Brasov, lunch and stroll around the main square of the old town. Return to Bucharest.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up from your hotel/location in Bucharest
End location: At your hotel/location in Bucharest or Brasov
Duration: 2 days
Transportation by private car, a 2017 Volkswagen Golf, air-conditioned
Transportation by private car, a new 2017 Volkswagen Golf, fully insured, air conditioned
Tour guide fee
All parking fees and fuel
Estimated Local Cash Needed
675 Lei - Estimation of all that you pay during the tour, PER PERSON:
- 150 Lei/person (or 35 USD/person) 1 night traveler accommodation in shared room at hotel in Sighisoara
- A SHARED cost of 250 Lei (or 60 USD) for guide accommodation
- 100 Lei/person (or 24 USD/person) admission fees
- Around 300 Lei/person (or 75 USD/person) the cost of all food and drink (2 days, 2 meals/day; breakfast is included in the room rate)
675 Lei/person based on 2 people
615 Lei/person based on 4 people
- Tourist and tour guide accommodation for 1 night at hotel in Sighisoara
I will make the hotel reservations, for you (travelers) and me, and you will do the payment, directly at the hotel, when you check in.
Please notice: I am not affiliated with any hotel, I select the best hotels in central locations, based on my experience and availability. The preferred hotels in Sighisoara are Central Park 4*, Casa Savri 4* or similar.
- Admission fees
- Cost of photo fee at Peles Castle and museum in Sighisoara (optional)
- The cost of food and drink you choose to buy