Trakai castle, Karaites, Uzutrakio palace, Kibin tasting, Tatars
Trakai town is ancient capital of Lithuania. It is located 28 km west from Vilnius and it is one of the most popular resorts in Lithuania. There are 197 lakes in the Trakai region and 5 in the Trakai town. Island's castle is one of the most often visited historical-architectural monuments in Lithuania. Karaites are the small ethnic minority living in Trakai for about 600 years. Its interesting to get acquainted with their culture. You can taste national food of Karaites- kibin in one of the restaurants. I will kindly help to find a good restaurant for you.
We can also visit Uzutrakis palace with the beautiful English stile park near it. This tour is recommended to those tourists who like old architecture, history, culture and nature.
This price is for up to 3 pax, if you are bigger group please write a request and I will adapt the price.
1. Transfer to Trakai, on the way I will tell you about Lithuanian traditions.
2. Visiting museum in the Trakai castle.
3. Walking in Trakai (Kenesa of karaits, John Nepomuk sculpture, Peninsula Castle).
4. Lunch in one of restaurants (traditional food of karaites and drinks tasting).
5. Visiting Uzutrakis palace.
7. Transfer to the hotel in Vilnius.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting at the hotel or an other place we choose.
End location: Hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 EUR - 8EUR Entrance to Trakai historical museum in the castle.
Up to 10EUR Lunch at one of restaurants which sells traditional Karaites food "Kybinai".
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Outstanding tour of an interesting locale of Lithuanian history