Experience of Northern Croatian town
A tour that encompasses exploration of the former capital of Croatia, one of the Croatian prime center of culture - Varazdin.
Beautiful historic town Varazdin is about an hour away from Zagreb. It gained popularity after high grades of respected tourism organizations.
During the 18th century it was the capital of Croatia, until unfortunate fire 30 years later that destroyed lot of the historic centre. It is a town of different architectural styles, such as rennaisance, baroque, clasicism, however the most prominent one is baroque. It is also a town of bicycles - most people own one here because it's the easiest way to move around.
People are often enchanted by the beauty of Varazdin and are glad to have made the choice to have come and visited it.
NOTE: If you want I can organize transportation for you from Zagreb, Cakovec, or any other nearby town.
- meeting at the pre-arranged spot in Varazdin
- visiting one of the most beautiful graveyard of Europe
- walk along the fortified hills of Old Town castle
- possible entrance inside the castle, depending on when you visit Varazdin (working time is Tue to Fri 9am-5pm, Sat and Sun 9am-1pm)
- Stancic square; Traditional crafts; Ursulin church and convent
- possible entrance to the museum of bugs (working time is Tue to Fri 9am-5pm, Sat and Sun 9am-1pm)
- Lunch in a fine restaurant where you can also try traditional food of this region.
- Franciscan square and the Patacic palace
- King Tomislav square (Korzo) and the Cathedral
- Vatrosla Jagic Park
- Croatian National Theatre and the church of Saint Nicholas
- depending on time we may visit Drava forest and river recreational area, to see where people of Varazdin like to go for leisure.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pre-arranged spot in Varazdin.
End location: Pre-arranged spot in Varazdin.
Duration: 4 hours
This thorough tour of Varazdin includes my tour guiding service and organization.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150 Kuna - Meal, refreshment, museum of bugs and the Old Town (castle of Varazdin)
Meal, refreshment, optional museums visit.