Private guided tour of the historical Northern Ethiopia by drive and flight
This is 10 days private tour of the historical sites of northern Ethiopia by drive and flight. The tour includes visiting the major historical sites, churches, castles of Ethiopia most of which are registerred by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites. We use a modern comfortabe Toyota Minibus at these places and fly between them.
Places of visits include: -
* the island monasteries of Lake Tana
* the Castles and churches of Gondar
* the Simien Mountains National Park
* Steles of Axum, and
* the rock cut (carved) churches of Lalibela
This tour can be customized to best match visitors time available for the tour, include/exclude places of visits, method of transportation, services included in the price, etc. . .
Please contact me for the details.
IMPORTANT - This tour totally depends on availability of domestic flights. If you're flying with Ethiopian Airlines on your international flights, you will get a big discount on the internal ones.
NB - The tour price is the SAME for up to six visitors in a group
Day 1 - Full day sightseeing tour of Addis Ababa
Day 2 - Fly ET 126 (07:00 - 08:00) from Addis Ababa north to Bahir Dar. Have a private boat ride on Lake Tana to visit two island monasteries and the Blue Nile Falls
Day 3 - Drive to Gondar and visit the Castles and churches of Gondar.
Day 4 - Head north to the Simien Mountains National Park and visit of the park.
Day 5 - Full day visit of the Simien Mountains NP
Day 6 - Drive north to Axum
Day 7 - Full day sightseeing tour of Axum to visit the Stele Park, the archaeological Museum of Axum, the ruin palace of the Queen of Sheba (9th C. AD), the ruin palace of King Kaleb and G/Meskel (5th and 6th C. AD), and the church of St. Mary of Zion
Day 8 - Fly ET 123 (11:45 - 12:25) to Lalibela and visit six rock churches known as the First Group of Churches of Lalibela
Day 9 - Excursion in the morning to visit the Yemrehane Kirstos cave built up church and afternoon visit of the remaining churches of Lalibela
Day 10 - Fly ET 123 (12:45 - 14:50) back to Addis Ababa
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel, airport or any place in Addis Ababa
End location: Hotel, airport or any place in Addis Ababa
Duration: 10 days
We use comfortable and modern Toyota Minibus of 2014/2015 Model.
Price includes the following services: -
- Private comfortable Toyota Minivan of 2014/2015 Model equipped with air conditioning and seat belts
- Fuel (gasoline), and driver's allowance
- All transfer in and out services
- Professional experienced English speaking tour guide for the entire route (My time)
- Domestic flights for the guide
- All on-site expert tour guides
- Bottled water in the vehicle
- Boat rent at Lake Tana
- Armed Scouts in the Simien Mountains NP
- Farewell dinner on the last night
- And, all related government taxes
Estimated Local Cash Needed
7000 Ethiopian Birr - Approximately 7000 Ethiopian Birr is needed to pay for entrance fee, and meals
Estimated price does not consider accommodation price as it widely varies with the time of the year and which place
Businesses prefer to be paid in cash with the local currency, US Dollars, or Euros
Please let me know if you want the all-inclusive price
Price may increase any time
Price does NOT include: -
- Entrance (admission) fees
- Soft Drinks
- Alcoholic drinks
- Domestic flights
- Laundry service
- Portages expense
- and any expense which is not mentioned in the 'Included' list above