I was born and raised in Kyoto.
I experienced planning sightseeing tours for international students as a club activity in Japanese university.
Then, I went to Australia as an exchange student to study Tourism for one year.
I'd worked in a long-established hotel in Kyoto for 8 years, and I'm working as a full time English guide in Kyoto.
Kyoto has many traditional aspects but also it has beautiful and kawaii (lovely) charm.
Traditional shrines and temples, cafes, book stores, music, knick-knack stores, pastries. . . There are many things I love and you will love in Kyoto!
Why don't you explore this old and new city, looking through local Kyotonian's eyes!
I'm also licensed as a Sake Navigator, and Uji-cha-mmrlier which is a license to explain how to brew nice Japanese tea in Uji (Uji is a famous tea producing area of Kyoto known for Uji tea).
I'm happy to share some local knowledge with you!
A Recent Review of this guide
Yausuna was highly professional and very knowledgeable. She took us all over Kyoto and to all the key sights someone would wish to see. She knows her stuff on the history and her english is great.
- Second grade in the examination of Practical English skill
- Pre-second grade in the examination of Kanji
- TOEIC score 865
- Kyoto Visitors Host (Designated area guide specialized in Kyoto City, Uji City and Otsu City)
- Second grade in the examination of Kyoto Tourism Culture Certification Test
- Craft Adviser of Japan Decollage Association (accessories and craft making)
- Sake Navigator
- Uji-cha-mmelier (introducing the way to brew Japanese tea deliciously)
- I am a designated area guide for Kyoto-city, Uji-city and Otsu city. I am not licensed for other areas of Japan.
- I'm not licensed to drive a car for guests. So, we need to use public transport like taxi or bus or train.