Three Cultures: Churches, synagogues and mosques inside the walls.
We will discover Toledo; A beautiful place known as the Town of the Three Cultures. Where the Arabs, Christians and Muslims coexistence for many years.
It was declared as a World Heritage Site by Unesco, in 1986; its creative and perfect combination of culture, heritage, handicrafts and cuisine is a perfect combination to enjoy this location.
Behind its walls, Toledo preserves an artistic and cultural legacy in the form of churches, synagogues, mosques, palaces, etc.
*Please notice that the number of monuments we can visit in the tour depends directly on your preferences.
- We will meet at the train station;
- We will take a taxi and go to enjoy the panoramic view of the city from the other side of the river Tagus.
Then, we will begin our walking tour. We will visit:
- The Franciscan Monastery of "San Juan de los Reyes" ("Saint John of the Monarchs") (the place intended to be the burial place of the Catholic Monarchs);
- Synagogue "Saint Mary the White" (Sephardic Experience) or synagogue "El Tránsito" (Samuel ha-Leví);
- The Church of Santo Tomé and the "Burial of the Lord of Orgaz" (the masterpiece of El Greco);
- The Prime Cathedral of Spain (closed on Sunday mornings);
- Convent area;
- The Mosque "Christ of Light".
And we will have a lunch stop of 45 minutes (always depending on your preferences).
*My tours in Toledo are customized and focused on people who look for personal attention and local experiences. So, I adapt them to your needs. So, the transportation will be according to you.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: I will wait for you at the train station. Address: Pº de la Rosa, s/n; 45006 - Toledo
Duration: 5 hours
We will take a taxi from the meeting point (train station) to the first monument at the Jewish quarter.
*Please contact me if you are more than 5 people.
This is a walking tour.
*Please bring your walking shoes.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 EUR - -Taxi from the meeting point (train station) to the Jewish quarter (13 euros approx.)
-Lunch 15-20 euro per person approx.
- Entrance to 6 monuments:
3 euros per monument (per person)
9 euros per the cathedral (per person)
Total: 27,00 EUR per person
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.