Move around Tokyo with a Local as You Like!
This is an 8-hour tailor-made tour. I will arrange a wonderful itinerary to suit your preferences from scratch!
A sample itinerary and possible places to visit are in 'Itinerary' section. If you have any other places/activities/food in your mind, please feel free to let me know. I will do my best to include them.
I have lived in and have been enjoying Tokyo for 30+ years, and I got recently certified as a national tour-guide interpreter of English. I will keep honest and considerate, acting like one of your Tokyo friends, and will do my best to offer you a memorable experience as a professional.
• Please request a quote for Extra Fee, (a) if you are a group of more than 4 people, (b) if you would like to extend the tour by adding the places to visit, dinner, etc, or (c) if you would like to meet me at a place that is different from the designated meeting place(s).
• If you have any allergies and/or things you cannot/don't want to eat, please let me know as soon as possible after the order.
The itinerary is tailor-made every time.
8-hour tour for first-timers interested in history and art:
9:00 am - Meet at your hotel lobby
9:30 - Asakusa - the oldest temple in Tokyo
10:30 - Imperial Palace
11:00 - Ginza - galleries etc
11:45 - Lunch
1:00 pm - Ueno Park - temple to protect Old Tokyo
3:00 - Meiji Jingu Shrine - dedicated to Emperor Meiji
4:00 - Harajuku - the world's busiest street
5:00 - End in Omotesando, upmarket shopping/dining area near Harajuku
Other possible itinerary items:
- View towers (SkyTree, Tokyo Tower, Metropolitan Govt Bldg),
- Gardens (Hamarikyu, Korakuen, Rikugien, Shinjuku Gyoen, Yoyogi),
- Temples/Shrines (Zojoji, Jindaiji, etc),
- Areas (Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Roppongi, Odaiba, Nihombashi, Kagurazaka, Yanaka),
- Special interest (Tsukiji fish market, Akihabara, Okachimachi, Ameyoko, local shopping streets, speciality shops such as Itoya/Hands/Loft, sento spa, zoo and aquariums),
- Food (food sections of department stores, ramen, sushi, tempura etc).
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: at the lobby of your hotel in Tokyo city center (JR Yamanote circular line or inside).
End location: anywhere in Tokyo city center (within Tokyo 23-ward).
Duration: 8 hours
Subways, JR and other Railways, bus, taxi, and walking.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3000 JPY (per person) - Equivalent to 30 USD, including local transportation (subway etc; from/to hotel and during the tour), lunch, and admission fees, if any.
I am not a driver. I mainly use public transportation and taxi in Tokyo city center. I can also accompany you in the vehicle you hired or I can support your arrangement of a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Chiaki is a very friendly and kind person. She took care to ensure that our needs were met. We had a very enjoyable and informative tour. Thankyou.