Enjoy a perfect Tokyo half day walking tour!
Tokyo is a blend of current and historical culture. Among the skyscrapers, you can see remants of old Japan such as shrines, temples and stone lanterns. There are innumerable interesting attractions to see and experience in this city; gourmet foods, stylish shopping malls, high-tech gadgets, skyscrapers, Japanese gardens, anime, etc.
Please tell me about your interests and the kind of places you would like to see, so I can make a tour itinerary for you. All of my walking tours make use of public transportation but I can arrange a taxi or van, if you like.
Starting at 9:00am from our meeting place, you will visit your favorite two or three spots in Tokyo by public transportation. Your tour ends at 1:00pm at your hotel or any other place in central Tokyo.
The following places are recommended;
- Imperial Palace
- Imperial Palace East Garden
- Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine
- Asakusa Sensoji Buddhist Temple (oldest temple in Tokyo)
- Ginza (prestigious shopping district)
- Tsukiji Fish Market
- Shinjuku (business, commercial and entertainment district)
- Ueno Park (museums, temples, shrines and zoo)
- Yanaka (traditional shopping and residential area)
- Harajuku ("kawaii" fashion district)
- Shibuya (stylish youth fashion and culture)
- Nihonbashi (fushion of current and historical culture)
- Tokyo Tower
- Roppongi Hills (art museum & open-air observation deck)
- Tokyo Skytree
- Akihabara (electric and subculture town)
- Odaiba (view of Tokyo Bay, shopping and entertainment district)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel
End location: At your hotel or any other place in central Tokyo
Duration: 4 hours
Subway, train, walking
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1500 JPY - for per person
1000JPY: your addmission
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Sachiko was an excellent guide! We enjoyed her willingness to customize our itinerary, her solid organizational skills, her very competent English and her guidance through the complexities of the Tokyo transit system. She took us under her wing and made sure we were informed and comfortable with all aspects of our tour! She was knowledgeable and highly personable. Thank you so much, Sachiko, for making Tokyo come alive for us as first-time visitors.