Enjoy a perfect Tokyo half day walking tour!
Tokyo is a blend of current and historical culture. Among the skyscrapers, you can see remants of old Japan such as shrines, temples and stone lanterns. There are innumerable interesting attractions to see and experience in this city; gourmet foods, stylish shopping malls, high-tech gadgets, skyscrapers, Japanese gardens, anime, etc.
Please tell me about your interests and the kind of places you would like to see, so I can make a tour itinerary for you. All of my walking tours make use of public transportation but I can arrange a taxi or van, if you like.
Starting at 9:00am from our meeting place, you will visit your favorite two or three spots in Tokyo by public transportation. Your tour ends at 1:00pm at your hotel or any other place in central Tokyo.
The following places are recommended;
- Imperial Palace
- Imperial Palace East Garden
- Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine
- Asakusa Sensoji Buddhist Temple (oldest temple in Tokyo)
- Ginza (prestigious shopping district)
- Tsukiji Fish Market
- Shinjuku (business, commercial and entertainment district)
- Ueno Park (museums, temples, shrines and zoo)
- Yanaka (traditional shopping and residential area)
- Harajuku ("kawaii" fashion district)
- Shibuya (stylish youth fashion and culture)
- Nihonbashi (fushion of current and historical culture)
- Tokyo Tower
- Roppongi Hills (art museum & open-air observation deck)
- Tokyo Skytree
- Akihabara (electric and subculture town)
- Odaiba (view of Tokyo Bay, shopping and entertainment district)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel
End location: At your hotel or any other place in central Tokyo
Duration: 4 hours
Subway, train, walking
My service as your private tour guide and my transportation fee
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1500 JPY - for per person
1000JPY: your addmission
Your transportation fee and personal expense
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We spent a wonderful four hours exploring Tokyo with Sachiko. She created an excellent itinerary for me and my 12 year old and both of us had a great time at the Imperial Palace gardens. Asakusa and Ueno. I would highly recommend her to anyone interested in learning about Japanese culture and history.