Take in the many faces of Tokyo in a full day stroll through space and time.
The tour gives you the opportunity to visit both quiet and chaotic, traditional and modern
spots of Tokyo in an easy-paced day tour.
Ideal for those who want to get familiar with the city and its transportation on their first day in town
From the traditional gardens of Kiyosumi Shirakawa to the bizzare Fukagawa Fudodo Buddhist temple,
then on to pop culture's hub Akihabara, the quiet handicraft market of Akioka, the bustle of
AmeYoko's street market and then back in time again to the old city of Yanaka.
- meet up at your hotel or other place of choice
- visit of the 400 years old gardens of Kiyosumi Shirakawa
- transfer to Monzen Nakacho : visit of the Fukagawa Fudodo temple, it is possible to see
the ceremony held there daily, expect drums, chants and fire.
Visit to Tomioka Hachimangu shrine
- transfer by train and visit of Akihabara, the electric city
- stroll through the handicraft market of AkiOka, under the railways (closed on Wednesdays)
- stroll through the street market of AmeYoko, the black market of postwar years
- visit Ueno park, the Toshogu shrine and the face of the big Buddha statue
- either stroll or transfer by train to the old city of Yanaka
- time allowing Nezu shrine or the Hijiri bridge and its beautiful sight can also be visited
This is a basic sketch which can be modified according to your likings: for instance visiting Ginza instead of Akihabara or Asakusa instead of Ueno/Yanaka.
Though it is a walking tour, walking distances can be shortened by using public transportation.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
The ceremony at Fukagawa temple is held at 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 o'clock.
Kiyosumi gardens are closed around New Year's holidays.
AkiOka market is closed on Wednesdays
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
4000 Yen - 150 yen for the gardens, 1850 to allow some leeway on train tickets, 2000 yen for a light meal and drinks.
This is a rough estimate.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We enjoyed our day with Fulvio. He showed us many interesting places in Tokyo that the average tourist might not see. He was also very helpful in explaining how we could navigate the public transportation system on our own.