Pilot tour special offer (limited to the first customer only)
* This tour is a pilot tour for taking the course time and see reaction of the customers. The guide asks the customers' opinion about the course.
Asuka Yama (Asuka Hill) has been one of the most popular cherry viewing spots in April since the Edo period (17th to 19th century). In Asuka Yama, you can enjoy a short-distance monorail ride to the top of the hill.
Across the road, there is Otonashi River which presents the good old Edo-period-like scenery with an wooden waterwheel.
In Oji, a tram ride is also fun even if you're not a train spotter. The changing views between Oji to Waseda where the kimono fabric dye studio is located, unrolls before your very eyes, exhibiting the local people's daily lives.
At the studio, you will see the craftsmen and women working hard on the traditional stencil dyeing. You can try it if you want*. What's more, the craftspeople at the studio will conduct a tour in the studio for us if they're available.
* Stencil dyeing experience is optional at a separate fee.
- Otonashi River side walk
- Former Okura Brewery Laboratory
- Old district
(- Tea break at Ishinabe Shoten, eating local confectionery Anmitsu when it's open)
- Tram ride (approx. 20 min)
disband in Ochiai or
- Stencil dye studio visit in Ochiai (optional)
disband in Ochiai if no stencil dye is experienced.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: - Meet in front of Hokutopia* building's main entrance. Please refer to the photo "Meeting place: Hokutopia's entrance". * Kita ward's city hall near Oji station
End Point Options: Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
This tour is a pilot tour for taking the course time so given tour duration is an estimate.
Asuka Yama's monorail ride is only available when in service.
Tram, monorail (when in service), walking.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 JPY - - Confectionery (Anmitsu) JPY650*
- Tram fare from Oji to Omokagebashi (JPY170 x 2)
- Stencil dyeing experience fee to the Tomita Dye Craft (JPY3,240, cash payment only)**
* and ** are optional when the service providers are open
I'm not a driver but I can accompany you in your vehicle.