Three different islands or cultures on Titikaka
Amantani is a natural island of 4000 thousand of inhabitants, it is located at 35 Km (25 miles) away from the city Puno (almost 3 hours of navigation in a regular boat),
The indigenous people offer home-stay in their typical houses, giving to you an unforgettable experience, local food, nice scenery, nice walks to the top of the island and so on.
* Pick up from the hotel (time depends on you, because it is a private tour, not later than 10am. )
* We visit Floating Islands, Driving time about 30 min. meet the friendly inhabitants, Visit the reed made houses. (little rustic canoe trip around the floating islands can be arranged)
* We Visit a second floating island from the 92 islands.
* Then we keep going to Amantani Island, that is actually our longest drive, takes almost 3 hrs by boat, we meet the family where we spend the night, have tipical lunch in the local house, later we can start a beautiful hike to the top of the mountain there enjoy better the landscape of the famous lake. (optional)
* tipical dinner at the house, see the night sky if weather is good. Good night.
* Next day, breakfast at house then Say good bye to the family, we go to taquile island, where we see and learn about this unique culture of this community.
* lunch offered at a family restaurant.
* Back to the boat and then to puno 2. 30hrs.
* Back to the hotel.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the hotel in the city.
End location: Main Plaza or the hotel.
Duration: 2 days
2Days 1Night - variables if weather is not good.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
80 Dolars - many options and lunch x 04 people
* tipical Canoe trip on the floating islands (optional)
* Lunch on taquile Island (second Day)
* Extra beverage.
I can accompany you and arrange for separate car, boat, o private transportation plus driver, those must be licenced on tours, and i can help you with booking to any hotel around here. arange any transfers from the bus station, the airport, or vice verse.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Pleasant person Wanted to meet my expectations and did Local knowledgeable guide