Discover the Colonial Past of Mumbai with a local guide!
Mumbai is many cities all rolled into one. On this tour, you will turn a few pages from the city's colonial past; learn about Mumbai through some of her iconic landmarks; and even meet a humble community that never went to Harvard but made it to the syllabus of this hallowed college. And if you're hungry for more, well, we've got a delicious meal lined up for you, local style.
1. Gateway of India
2. Taj Mahal Hotel, built by British in 1903
3. Take you to experience some street shopping.
4. . Mumbai University, built by British in 1857
5. Oval Maidan, nursery of cricket
6. Mumbai High Court, another splendid British heritage building
7. CSMT (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus ), a UNESCO World Heritage site that has 18 platforms. You can also meet the famous dabbawalas (men who carry your home-cooked food to your place of work).
8. Bhikaji Bhirna well. . . a point of great concern among the Parsis.
9. Drive past Marine Drive, Saifee Hospital, Trident Hotel and Chowpatty Beach.
10. Take you inside a Jain Temple. . . up close to the God.
11. Hanging Gardens, built on top of water tanks
12. Tower of Silence: Parsi burial ground.
13. Kamla Nehru Park.
14. Showcase Antilla. . . the residence of one the richest men in the world.
15. Showcase Mani Bhavan . . . the residence of Gandhi . . where he carried out his political activities
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Any South Mumbai location of your choice
End location: Any South Mumbai location of your choice
Duration: 5 hours
for 4 people
Air Conditioned chauffeur driven car
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Indian rupee - Per Person : For personal expenses like a meal, aerated water and personal shopping.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maya delivered everything she promised and more. We had a wonderful day with her and Mumbai has now joined our list of favorite cities thanks to her. TheDuffys