Discover the Colonial Past of Mumbai with a local guide!
Mumbai is many cities all rolled into one. On this tour, you will turn a few pages from the city's colonial past; learn about Mumbai through some of her iconic landmarks; and even meet a humble community that never went to Harvard but made it to the syllabus of this hallowed college. And if you're hungry for more, well, we've got a delicious meal lined up for you, local style.
1. Gateway of India
2. Taj Mahal Hotel, built by British in 1903
3. Mumbai University, built by British in 1857
4. Oval Maidan, nursery of cricket
5. Mumbai High Court, another splendid British heritage building
6. CSMT (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus ), a UNESCO World Heritage site that has 18 platforms. You can also meet the famous dabbawalas (men who carry your home-cooked food to your place of work).
7. Drive past Marine Drive, Saifee Hospital, Trident Hotel and Chowpatti Beach. You can even take a stroll on Marine Drive if you like.
8. Hanging Gardens, built on top of water tanks
9. Tower of Silence: Parsi burial ground
9. Dhobi Ghat: Open-air laundromat and movie set
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Any South Mumbai location of your choice
End location: Any South Mumbai location of your choice
Duration: 5 hours
for 2 people
Air Conditioned chauffeur driven car
My tour services plus the rental of the car and the driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Indian rupee - Per Person : For personal expenses like a meal, aerated water and personal shopping.
Meal, aerated water and personal expenses
Tour can be customised according to your requirements, with prior intimation
** You are responsible to purchase your own travel insurance to join this tour **
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Really great tour - Maya was so very helpful and explained the history of the places we visited. Maya was also so helpful in investigating some matters we wanted to understand about our family's history in British controlled India prior to 1940. Nothing was too much trouble for Maya and we are so appreciative of her help. The places she took us to eat were all so well chosen and were great examples of traditional Indian food for us to try. We would recommend Maya without hesitation.