Discover the Colonial Past of Mumbai with a local guide!
Mumbai is many cities all rolled into one. On this tour, you will turn a few pages from the city's colonial past; learn about Mumbai through some of her iconic landmarks; and even meet a humble community that never went to Harvard but made it to the syllabus of this hallowed college. And if you're hungry for more, well, we've got a delicious meal lined up for you, local style.
1. Gateway of India
2. Taj Mahal Hotel, built by British in 1903
3. Take you to experience some street shopping.
4. . Mumbai University, built by British in 1857
5. Oval Maidan, nursery of cricket
6. Mumbai High Court, another splendid British heritage building
7. CSMT (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus ), a UNESCO World Heritage site that has 18 platforms. You can also meet the famous dabbawalas (men who carry your home-cooked food to your place of work).
8. Bhikaji Bhirna well. . . a point of great concern among the Parsis.
9. Drive past Marine Drive, Saifee Hospital, Trident Hotel and Chowpatty Beach.
10. Take you inside a Jain Temple. . . up close to the God.
11. Hanging Gardens, built on top of water tanks
12. Tower of Silence: Parsi burial ground.
13. Kamla Nehru Park.
14. Showcase Antilla. . . the residence of one the richest men in the world.
15. Showcase Mani Bhavan . . . the residence of Gandhi . . where he carried out his political activities
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Any South Mumbai location of your choice
End location: Any South Mumbai location of your choice
Duration: 5 hours
for 4 people
Air Conditioned chauffeur driven car
My tour services plus the rental of the car and the driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Indian rupee - Per Person : For personal expenses like a meal, aerated water and personal shopping.
Meal, aerated water and personal expenses
Tour can be customised according to your requirements, with prior intimation
** You are responsible to purchase your own travel insurance to join this tour **
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maya,you managed to give us a memorable time ,in one an a half day,in Mumbai.We saw the Ghandiji's residence.The Prince of Wales Museum,The Jain temple ,Victoria Station and opposite the townhall .The Dhobi Ghaut laundry area.In the background of this the modern buildings.Amasing.We went past the Parsi buried hill and had great lunches (our request) at the Taj Hotel,next to the gateway to India. The Sassoon dock with all the fish and shrimps was interesting to see.you told us everywhere about history etc.