5 hour tour to the cosmopolitan Oia and the traditional villages of Megalochori and Emporio
The village of Oia, a must-see landmark of Santorini, is a place where one can spend a couple of hours, a day or a life. The charm of this world famous settlement lies in its colorful cave houses, the imposing mansions of the captains of the sea and it's numerous blue domed churches perched on the cliffs, overlooking the caldera. Let's explore this unique place and get photographed in front of the blue domes before we set our way to the other side of the island to explore the hidden gems of Megalochori and Emporio. Our tour includes a visit to the beach of Vlychada to admire the beauty of nature and a scenic drive to the top of the Prophetes Elias mountain to enjoy a 360 decrees view over the entire island.
Note:During the tour, we can be accompanied by our own professional photographer who will capture you and the beauties of Santorini, with an extra charge.
Please contact me for any further information
- OIA! No words can describe the beauty of this place. Not even a picture can capture its magnificence . Let's get around there and admire the beauty of nature but also the inventiveness of humans taking advantage of every square meter on the cliffs for building a cave house. Living on Santorini, a volcanic island, you definitely live on the edge and you can only seize the day.
- Megalochori on the south side gives you a full local experience. Cozy tavernas around the main square where the locals gather every afternoon, old wineries and charming houses set the perfect scenery for discovering the original side of the island.
- Emporio , a medieval castle itself, still maintains memories of the past when pirates were attacking the island.
-The beach of Vlychada with its overwhelming carved cliffs, although resembling a sculptor's work , in fact come from a natural process owed to the volcano and the elements of nature.
- The peak of the mount Prophetes Elias reveals the beauty of Santorini before your eyes
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: If you are a cruise ship passenger I can wait for you at the exit of the cable car station up
in Fira town.If you are staying on the island I can meet you
at the reception of your hotel.
End location: If you are a cruise ship passenger I can drop you off near the exit of the cable car station up
in Fira town.
If you are staying on the island I can drop you off at the reception of your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
up to 6people is provided by a 15 seat Mercedes van with a separate driver
- Professional guiding services
- Transportation for up to 3 people is provided by a Suzuki Vitara Gl+ fully insured and A/C, model 2017.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
32 Euro - - 12 € cable car ticket both ways
- 20 € personal expenses for snacks and drinks
- Cable car tickets
- Food and drinks
As a licensed guide, I have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
My family and I took a cruise with a stop in Santorini and hired Tours by Locals, Eugenia to show us Santorini! Eugenia made it our favorite tour ever! She was extremely knowledgeable, personable and accommodating! We enjoyed our trip to Oia but even more than that we enjoyed her flexibility in taking us off the beaten path and bringing us to a local restaurant and a quiet (no tourists!) village! My bucket list trip was the highlight of our 10 day vacation! Can't wait to book our trip back!
Elaine Briggs McMullen