Discovering the history and the charme of Tetouan city
60 km away from tangier, Tetouan is the most Andalusian city of northern Morocco. Its Moorish and Arabian styles reflect a rich history.
The old Medina of Tetouan was listed as a UNESCO world Heritage in 1997. Tetouan is marked by the historical roots of the Medina , a city whose seven gates have marked its life. A city of museums and historic districts , Tetouan is a city of traditions and culture. The former places became restaurants or guest houses , offering a refined gastronomy.
The white piegeon city reflects the spanish influence that dates from 1912 till 1956, when Tetouan was the capital of the Spanish protectorate, which encompassed much of northern Morocco. The town's long relationship with Andalusia has left it with a Hispano-Moorish character that is unique in Morocco, as physically reflected in the white buildings and broad boulevards of the Spanish part of the city. In our tour we will visit :
- plaza primo de la rivera that is known as place Moulay Mehdi;
- visiting the Church of "Nuestra Señora de la Victoria" in Tetouan city one of the historic Spanish remainings of the city;
- then we will be walking arround the old medina to see the main square of "fedan" ;
- crossing by the king's castle;
- visiting the some gates of the old Medina and passing by the stores of jewleries , and the souq ( market ) of vegetables;
- visiting the old Jewish quarter;
- concluding our visit in bab oukla that is one of the main gates of the city.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 6 hours
- Our transport are modern, clean and air-conditioned;
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 MDH - A good lunch starts at 200 Dirhams depending on the type of food and restaurant.
Optional expenses such as snacks or souvenirs.
Note that both Euros & USD are accepted in Tetouan.
There are also many ATMs and most of the shops & restaurants accept credit cards.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I dont have any restrictions but i will let you experience a magical journey
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Amina was an excellent guide with very good English. Our cruise changed the itinerary to avoid bad weather and was arriving a day earlier into Tangier. Despite only 48 hours notice, Amina accommodated us for a trip to Tetouan with Fatima driving. They were very flexible to our needs (my wife has heart problems) for easy paced walking. They shepherded us through the Souks and the old town and gave us a comprehensive overview of Tetouan. The car was very comfortable for the journey and Fatima drove well